Hatred in America

Hatred in America

A Story by Bill R.
"

Just thinking today and found myself so disturbed about all the hate I've been seeing.

"

I was sitting here just thinking how everything is today. I realized that in my whole life, so far, I’ve been exposed to hatred.

When I was a kid, I saw the civil rights movement evolve. The riots, the killings, the marches, the demonstrations, the speeches and the hate that created them. I always believed it would get better, but as I grew up, it never did.

Seems we as Americans, always need someone or something to hate. There was communism, the Russians, the Arabs, the Israelis, the Mexicans, the Rich, the Poor, the homeless and the list goes on. We even found a way to hate ourselves and each other. The Democrats and Republicans, the whites and the blacks, the liberals and the conservatives, the young and the old. Where does it all end? When do we stop teaching hate and start educating about understanding? When does all of this ignorance end?

America’s biggest export lately has become hate. Apparently we have so much of it here, we’ve decided to share it with the world. What’s even more sad, is that these people see how we act by preaching and legislating hatred against each other, they do the same or worse to their own, and can’t understand why we condemn them. We like to call what they do, “Human Rights Violations,” while here we refer to it as, “Standing up for America’s Values.”

Then on the morning of September 11, 2001; we were sent that hatred right back onto our shores. It was, “You Get What You Give” in it’s most horrific form, yet we were shocked as to why anyone would do such a terrible thing to us.

Why have we learned or changed so little since that day? I mean, look what’s going on. We have a government so divided on so many petty issues that they’re willing to destroy the country, our economy, and the lives of so many hard working and honest people just to be right or to push their own selfish agendas. We have states like North Carolina and so many others, amending their constitutions to discriminate against and exclude a single group of it’s own people the right to marry the person they have chosen to love. Our own Congress legislating, reinforcing, and even promoting the very hatred we suffered from on that morning in September, when we were all so committed to, “Never Again!”

If you think I’m being harsh on America’s love of hatred, put yourself on the receiving end of that hatred, especially the one you feel inside, I mean really put yourself out there; then tell yourself it doesn’t bother you. Tell yourself it’s okay because it’s wrapped in the Red, White, and Blue. Tell yourself it’s God’s word or God’s will. Then after you truly know how it feels to be hated, and you can still live with it - then you don’t know God at all.

© 2012 Bill R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

138 Views
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012

Author

Bill R.
Bill R.

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a Writer and an Artist. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I work a full time job on top of all the other things I have going on in my life. I love my life, I love Las Vegas, and my Passion is my wri.. more..

Writing
It Just Can't It Just Can't

A Story by Bill R.