Survivor 1: Paul - Part 2

Survivor 1: Paul - Part 2

A Story by Bill O. Writes
"

I play Day Z (an online survival game about a post-apocalyptic setting with zombies mixed in). I take experiences while playing and convert directly into story format from the characters perspective.

"

Daytime approached fast and my hunger was still prominent. Every house I scoured through had nothing but blood-stained floors and damaged clothes in such poor condition you wouldn’t even see them at a thrift shop. When I would come across the occasional food, it was always a rotten fruit or veggie.


Realizing I was wasting my time I decided it was time to leave.


I elected to inspect some apartments I saw close-by. First floor, nothing. Second floor, same.

I get up to the third floor and turned to my left. I saw something metallic looking lying on the floor. I inch closer and soon realize it’s a gun! I couldn’t believe it… an assault rifle sitting there for me to take. 


Before I pick it up I hesitate. “Am I really this lucky…or is this a trap?” I thought to myself. I teased the area near the gun and step near it and away again quickly to see if any shots are fired at me…To my surprise and much more so relief…nothing. Not a sound.


Assuming it was safe, I pick up the gun. The damn thing was pretty heavy. It was fully equipped with a sight, stock, magazine and whatever else you can think of. I checked the magazine and by God’s grace it was fully loaded.


Moving on, I restart my quest to find some decent food, my stomach is still killing me but I’m running on pure adrenaline now. I ascended up to the fourth floor as the third was a bust for food as well. Nothing, yet again. I can’t catch a f*****g break. This place must have already been sifted throu"


tat-ta-tat-ta-tat


Another person was firing. I quickly ducked behind a window and periodically peeked out as I believe the shots were coming from outside.

I saw three people running around. I yell to them while still hiding.

"Are you friendly?" I must have repeated this 5 times.


No responses ever came.

They kept advancing to my position. I was sure they were coming for me. I decided to take no chances and fired at them. Being unskilled with firearms, I missed every shot. But it was my final mistake…

I went to leave but before I could move more than a meter I heard one last shot. This time I was the target. Everything went black and I felt my body go limp.

© 2014 Bill O. Writes


Author's Note

Bill O. Writes
What did you think of part 2?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the details of searching for food.
"by God's grace" the weapon was loaded amused me.
Have you considered putting this in book format? Then readers would be sent to the next chapter.
It seems to me you have a long way to go before the reader will find out "wtf", as the character would say, is going on.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014
Tags: ending, end, dayz, day z, story, short story, game, sequel, computers, computer, suspense, adventure, survival, survive, Paul, survivalist, guns, gun, zombie, zombies

Author

Bill O. Writes
Bill O. Writes

New Haven, CT



About
Unspecified years old. My feelings on writing: Writing and reading (for pleasure) are both lost arts. If it's not about something tangible, measurable, no one wants to read it, so why bother writi.. more..

Writing
Holes Holes

A Poem by Bill O. Writes