1

1

A Chapter by Rose

I pulled the old, wooden bucket from the poor kitchen and dragged it outside, pausing only when I felt a splinter. My hands were rough, callused and scarred. Not at all how a teenage girl's hands should look. They weren't soft or smooth or pleasant, no one's were. I mean, except maybe in the main Region, but that was far away from us. I lived in one of the only remaining outer regions. It was a sub region of the water people. We lived near an ocean, on an island. It really was lovely, and safe. When we needed something from the original region, we simply sent someone across the stretch of ocean in a canoe. We could have swam across, we could have simply moved the water. But we didn't. We chose not to manipulate our abilities unless it was a very severe life or death situation, which it never was. Not for this island anyway.
There were five main regions. Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and the mixed Region, the one full of rich people that never worked a day in their lives. Those people were the ones with electricity and power and basically whatever they wanted. The people there didn't care about reserving their gifts, that was all they used. But even that region was slowly being divided into three different regions. The Earth, Air, and Water people were joining together as one against the Fire people. The ones that didn't know what to do stayed in their homes with their routines. Among those people was the "king",  Guerre. He came from a different land. He claimed to have sailed over oceans many, many years ago. He came from a land once called "Europe", until it was destroyed by war. Rumors had been spread that he had destroyed our home land, that he was the bringer of destruction, but not many people believed it. As long as my island was undiscovered by other regions, I didn't think he was too bad. For now.


© 2012 Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this. This seemed awesome, and I will keep my eye on it and read on it. The only thing that bothered me, was that the chapter was a bit short. But you made me continue to read, and I wanted more of it. I hope to read more of this book. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rose

11 Years Ago

This chapter isn't finished yet but I'll add more soon :)
Daniel

11 Years Ago

I'll look forward to read more :D
Sound a lot like the anime Avatar series, Legend of Kora

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Lolz
I love that show and this book sounds realty interesting.
one question, why is this.. read more
Rose

11 Years Ago

It's so short because it isn't finished yet...I typed this up quickly then I had to eat
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Oh, ok

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012

Village

1

By Rose

2

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

CO



About
Hello, you can call me Rose. I'm a junior in high school, with plans to study pre-law in university, and eventually become a lawyer. For some reason, I have always been interested in law. I began rea.. more..

Writing
2 2

A Chapter by Rose


Village Village

A Book by Rose