Warm beer and cigarette smoke.

Warm beer and cigarette smoke.

A Poem by WinterLady

  Just a little longer, l want to hold on to your memory, I can barely make out your silhouette . I can't remember what you look like, yet you are breathtaking. I am going blind my dear, but no one has ever seen you the way i have. Restless nights have brought me here, as you reappear in my every thought. You will be the last imagine i let go, but i fear i may never forget you. I whisper out your name , almost as if hearing it , will bring me closer to you. Your presence , is with me as I breathe out my heartache. Never have i felt so lost, or alone. Never have i felt so alive, and so warm. Almost as warm as this red ale . I have been spacing off to the thought of you, nonetheless,  I force it down. There's no use in risking sobriety. I begin to gather the courage to stumble out of this dim establishment. I tip the bartender, she reeks of earth in this graveyard, earth and cigarette ash. She smiles at me with her cracked lipstick smile, and tells me how nice it is to see someone writing in a real notebook . I smile as she walks away, wondering to myself,  how many men have you fallen in love with, or women , all drunken promises gone in an instant. I wallow in my own thoughts, if only i could leave you here along with my salted mess. You are tattooed onto my soul , and embedded in my dreams. Even in this dark forsaken place your light has managed to reach me. What a cruel , yet rewarding fate , I am destined to you , while you to someone else.                                                                                                   

© 2015 WinterLady


Author's Note

WinterLady
I hope you enjoy this reader,writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A sad story of unrequited love.....can't dull the emotions

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015

Author

WinterLady
WinterLady

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada



About
Get Exceptional Catering in Burnaby At Toast Fine Bites Discover unparalleled catering services. Enhance your events with a variety of exquisite culinary options and impeccable service. Call now! ad.. more..

Writing
Down town . Down town .

A Story by WinterLady