Hopeless encounters , I can't live without.

Hopeless encounters , I can't live without.

A Poem by WinterLady
"

Just writing as I go , enjoy .

"
Life has become dull. No fears, or excitement , sadness lingers , but even it seems pointless afterwards. You , walked in , your hair dyed by the desert sun , and summoned my soul for it's slumber. I reek of cigarettes, I keep my distance. I drink my off brand bitter coffee , youre staring at me I know , I'm not as blind as you think I am . I close my journal , afraid that you'll figure out I've spilled you all over these pages. You are so lonesome , as as am I. I vanished , but you found me, without searching. Damn you. I sit on the opposite side of the room, you follow. You try your hardest to start a conversation and I , don't know how to respond . I vomit out my answers , idiot. You dont mind. He stares as I speak , I stare when he's not watching. There' has never been anything so beautiful , or so frightening. We watched the skydivers float to the ground , and I couldn't get enough of your laugh. The table is broken and the chairs are hard, but I'm so comfortable. This is It, what it musfeel like to be alive. I am a walking corpse my dear , I am deteriorating . I stink of negativity and loneliness . You are different, you shed such warmth , I am a broken furnace . I will never be the one that captures your heart . I am aware of this. It's enough to be briefly part of your life. Youve left now , I sit here contemplating, I seem to have dropped my emotions all over . It's silent, the cricket behind the fridge starts up, mocking me I'm sure. I try to imagine you drive away , with a smile on your face , thinking of me. Even that is impossible, as it quickly slips away. I am trying to fool myself, trying and failing miserably. It's a hot day , and I sit here , heart broken, yet in love . Miserably content. Confusing isn't it , yet there is one thing I am sure of. I am , here, and this sadness is a reminder that I am alive .

© 2015 WinterLady


Author's Note

WinterLady
for the reader and writer, excuse bad grammar and use of punctuation, there are days when I simply do not, give a damn. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well hello Winter Lady, certainly the most unusual poem i have read for some while, i like your style and i like your story telling, this really puts me in mind of Film Noir style movies and I love those old black and whites, good to meet you here :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well hello Winter Lady, certainly the most unusual poem i have read for some while, i like your style and i like your story telling, this really puts me in mind of Film Noir style movies and I love those old black and whites, good to meet you here :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, you had me initially confused by your name. I was expecting to read the work of a cold lady but your passion overflowed on this page and I hereby re-christen you WarmLady.... :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2015
Last Updated on May 13, 2015

Author

WinterLady
WinterLady

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada



About
Get Exceptional Catering in Burnaby At Toast Fine Bites Discover unparalleled catering services. Enhance your events with a variety of exquisite culinary options and impeccable service. Call now! ad.. more..

Writing
Down town . Down town .

A Story by WinterLady