The Truth About Love

The Truth About Love

A Poem by FlatLineBeauty

The truth about love is the experience changes you completely. Within each journey you give a piece of who you are, imprinting onto your partner. It's like a give and take of quirks, habits, and sayings. Little things that become a part of you; which in turn others pick up some of the small things. Some of your habits rub off, but some are passed along from the other source.
The truth about love is good or bad; the experience stays with you forever. From your first love, to your last kiss. Although we may move on and live without them; some memories never fade. Something as simple as the smell of her perfume, or his favorite song; it's enough to send a flood of memories to mind.
The truth about love is you give that person your time; which makes memories. The ones you give your time to become pieces of your life. With each and every person you let in... is a smaller piece of who you are. All these people are a little piece of a shattered mirror, but put them all together and you will see a whole reflection.
The truth about love is you never fully let go. I guess that something as simple as giving your time leaves a lasting impact. Memories consist of three things: time, yourself, and others. Each memory a chapter of your story. Your life is your story and stories are meant to be told and heard. Some are even meant to be retold, while others are meant to teach us a lesson.
The truth about love is you can't escape it and you can't help who you love. Everyone comes into your life for a reason. You just have to pay close attention to the character. I know not every story has a happy ending, but I wish everyone could have their fairy tale. Even if it is just once...
Before you have to let go.

© 2017 FlatLineBeauty


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The truth about the truth about love is it's very well written and completely true.This is like reading your souls voice. I mean your life is a journal of triumphs and tribulations and i'm a follower of your story. You are shedding out volumes of truth and knowledge that will help build bridges to make others paths easier or even make sense. I will always be along with you on your journey through this journal that is your voice, hopefully sharing in some of the pages of your story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


FlatLineBeauty

6 Years Ago

I am glad you are as I follow yours. Soul mates my friend... soul mates. Never leave my side
The truth about love is that, like the person, it grows and learns, makes mistakes and seemingly welcomes miracles along the way. And like us, it's never really perfect but can be perfect for who we are...You captured it here.
Possibly my favorite from you since the first I read way back when.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


There is much truth in your reflections, lol.
I was glad that you acknowledge that we can love many people, some for shorter, some for loner periods... Love works at many levels, from the firework spectacular to the glowing coals that warm through the winter nights...

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 6, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ The Man of Gold ~ The Man of Gold

A Poem by