Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(
"

read it

"

I went to my first class, biology, and screeched when I saw Pen. I had forgot, she had earth science last year. And yes, I was behind a year in science. I sat next to her so that our teacher would put me next to Pen on her seating chart.


“Oh my God, we’re going to see each other every day!” I whispered, excited. “I know! Not like we saw each other every day last year. It’s still awesome though, we get to see each other longer!”


“Yeah, that’s what I meant,” I whispered, then quieted as the teacher began to talk.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *


After that class, I didn’t have any more classes with Pen, and none with Kane, unfortunately. When I got on the bus, I asked Pen, hopeful, if she had had any classes with Kane. She shook her head and laughed when I looked disappointed. “You like him,” she said.


“Well, yeah, he’s my type. He’s Goth and a loner. And probably nice, too.” She smiled.


When I got home, I went straight to my room to do homework. I went to sleep around six that night. I didn’t want to have to eat dinner with my parents. I went to bed hungry.


The next day I had Psychology, the class I was most excited about. But I became even more excited when I found Penelope and Kane in the class. I pretended my screech of excitement was for Penelope alone, but it was really because I got to see Kane again… and because I had another class with Pen.


I sat down next to Pen, and looked at Kane. Then my curiosity piqued.  Kane had a big black book with gold letters engraved on the front. The letters spelled out Book of Shadows. It was a journal, I saw, when he opened it. There was writing in it that I couldn’t see from here.


“Are you a witch?” I blurted. Then my face started burning with embarrassment. Why had I said that?


His head snapped up to look at me, and I whimpered. My face hurt with embarrassment. Then he looked embarrassed and shy. “Umm, yeah. I guess you could say that.”


Penelope was excited about the prospect of Kane being a witch. “That is so cool!” She exclaimed. “Can you teach me?” But by then the first bell had rung and the teacher quieted her.


But I was confused, and not a little disconcerted. I had always thought of myself as open minded, and I wasn’t a Christian, although the rest of my family was. I considered myself Agnostic. Believing in a divine presence, a creator, but it wasn’t necessarily the Christian god that I believed in. But I still didn’t like the thought of someone being a witch.


I might look it, but I’m not a Satanist. And witches did hexes and sold their soul to the devil. Everyone knew that. So why was Kane so open about being a witch? I had thought he was a nice guy, one few and far between, one in a thousand. But he couldn’t have been. He was a witch.


I went through all my morning classes without seeing Penelope or Kane again. But I knew I would see both of them at lunch, even though one of them I didn’t want to see. I sighed with disappointment.


When finally lunch came and I was sitting with Penelope and her friends, I saw Kane walk by. He was so sexy, but now I knew he was a devil worshipper. Even though I was sitting with a group of people that I knew, I felt more lonely than ever.


My next class was home ec, another class I was excited about. I had taken this class once before, in 8th grade. I was most excited about taking home the baby. But I was shocked, and a little excited, to see that Kane was in the class too.


“Hi,” he said, walking over to sit by me. I shifted nervously, but he sat down anyway. “Hi,” I said back, breathlessly.


He looked at me with a weird expression, “Are you ok?” he asked.


I shrugged. Should I tell him that I was uncomfortable with him being a witch? But then again, he was open about it. So he can’t blame me for being uncomfortable. “It’s just...you’re a witch. But you looked so nice and kind when I met you.” I said.


He looked shocked, then made a little laughing sound. “Are you a Christian or something? Do you think I worship the devil?


Now it was my turn to be taken aback. “No, I’m not a Christian. I don’t believe in the Christian god, nor the devil. But, don’t you worship the devil?”


He looked at me, one eyebrow raised. “If you’re not a Christian, and you don't believe in the devil, why would you think I worship the devil? Because no, I don’t worship the devil.”


Now I was confused; doesn’t he know witches are bad? “But, it’s widely known that witches do hexes and worship the devil.” I said.


He shook his head, “That is called propaganda and misconception. That’s what people want you to believe. I never do hexes, even if someone hurts me. And I don’t worship the devil. I worship Hecate, the Greek Goddess of magick and crossroads. The triple Goddess, some people call her. She’s also a dark Goddess, and has a fourth, hidden face, but that’s a Wiccan mystery that you won’t find out until you join a coven. If you join a coven.”


“Wiccan?” I asked.


“Yes, it’s a religion that embraces magick and the old ways. It’s a Pagan religion. That’s why I call myself a witch.”


Now I felt better about this, since I had a reason to think he was good. Maybe I was the one who was confused. And I had been a little judgemental. Since it was his religion, I could understand it. I’m open minded about all religions. But apparently I didn’t know every religion. I wanted to understand his better.


“Hey, I’m sorry for being judgmental and closed-minded. Do you think you could teach me more about your religion, so I have a better understanding of it?”


“Sure, I understand. Wicca is not widely known, and it can be mistaken for different, evil things. So if you have a facebook, we can talk about it there, and at lunch.”


“Okay,” I agreed. We exchanged information, then tune our attention back to the teacher.



© 2018 WitchyWiccan)0(


Author's Note

WitchyWiccan)0(
hi

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm enjoying the progression of your characters. The introduction of witchness and wicca is very interesting and cool.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WitchyWiccan)0(

5 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 11, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018
Tags: penelope, earth science, biology, kane, goth, loner, psychology, book of shadows, journal, witch, christian, agnostic, god, divine, creator, satanist, hex


Author

WitchyWiccan)0(
WitchyWiccan)0(

Hampton, VA



About
Hello, my name is Nyxia Night, I am a Pagan High Priestess of the Lunar Night Coven. I am 18 years old, and live in hampton, VA. I write Short Stories, Novels, and nonfiction about myself and Paganism.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(