Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(
"

read it: Book of Secrets

"

“Hey Chloe. Guess what?” Pen asked me on the phone.

“What?” I asked. She seemed excited.

“I’m a Wiccan! I heard enough good things about Wicca, I had to join. So, yeah, I’m a Wiccan now. Kane is giving me some basic tools, like some candles and incense , a crystal, and some books. You should join too!” She exclaimed.

“I’ll think about it,” I said, truthfully.

“Well, hurry, because Kane wants to create a coven, but he needs more people. And I won’t join until you do.”

“A coven?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she said. “Like a church, but for Wiccans. It usually consists of three to thirteen people. So he needs both of us to join. And again, I won’t join without you. No witch left behind and all.” she joked.

“All right. I’ll think about it.” We said goodbye and hung up. I went to sleep excited for the next day

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next day, my favorite school day, I talked to Kane more about Wicca. I was going to join, but I needed to learn more about it first.

“How does one join the Wiccan religion?” I asked.

“Well, you say, you know what, I’m going to be a Wiccan, usually after studying the basics and when you agree and believe in what Wicca preaches. There’s no special ritual you have to do, unless you are in a coven.”

“What do you have to do to join a coven?” I asked.

“You have to go through an initiation ritual, and then you will study in that coven for three years and three days, and then you can make your own. But that’s a coven mystery.”

“I think I agree with everything I have learned so far. I’m still iffy about the magick though. What is magick? Where does it come from?” I asked worriedly.

“Magick is the ability to have a desire and make it come true with your own will and energy. Basically, it’s energy manipulation. That’s all there is to it. And where it comes from, well, either yourself or The Divine, or both.” He explained.

“Oh, ok. That makes me feel a little better. Thank you for answering my questions. I don’t mean to be offensive.”

“No problem. And no offense taken. You’re exploring. See you at lunch.” He said when the bell rang.

Classes passed by, and then it was lunch time. At lunch, there was a new girl sitting by Kane and Penelope. She was cute with straight, long black hair, but she wasn’t goth. She wore a purple, fantasy-looking shirt with a white horse and a fantasy landscape.

I sat down. “Hi,” I welcomed the new-comer.

“Hello. Sorry if I’m intruding. My name is Melanie, but you can call me Fursnitalah. Caolith, or Kane as you call him, told me you two are learning about Wicca.” She said, referring to me and Penelope.

“Oh, no, you’re not intruding. It’s nice to meet you.” I said. “Yes, we are studying Wicca. Penelope, my friend, has decided to join.”

“Thats incredible! Welcome, sister.” She said, giving a warm welcome to Pen. I felt left out, but I was used to it.

“Thank you. I have a question. Why do you and Kane also have a different name?” She asked.

“Good question. Well, it’s kind of like when your parents give you a christening, but it’s Wiccan. It’s our Wiccan names. That’s why we prefer it. Though, Caolith’s parents are Wiccan, so he didn’t have a Christening. But he still has a Wiccan name different to the one he was born with.”

“Oh, ok. Interesting. How do you find your Wiccan name?” Pen asked.

“Many different ways. It’s different for everyone. You can hear it in a dream, a meditation, hear it whispered in the wind or spelled out in nature, or you can make yours up. It’s not any less correct.”

“Nice. I’ve always liked the fairy Silvermist. Could I name myself that?”

“Sure!” Melanie said.

The bell rang, and we all said goodbye to Melanie, and me and Kane said goodbye to Pen. We were off to the baby class. I was starting to want Kane to be the father of my robotic baby.

We walked to the class and noticed, before we walked through the door, that it was a cooking day. Kane thought this was a great opportunity to teach me a little about kitchen witchcraft.

“Food is a big part of life.” He began to explain. “So it’s not surprising that a lot of witches use magick in their cooking.” Even though he was talking low, some kids looked at us when he said the word witch. “You can bless the food, or add a little magick to the meal; an intent. You can stir positive energy into it by stirring deosil,” and he stirred clockwise, “or you can take away negativity by stirring widdershins, then stir deosil to bless it.” he stirred anti-clockwise, then stirred clockwise again. “Any questions?” He asked.

“How do you put your intent into it?” I asked.

“Well, you stir it deosil, clockwise, while you visualize what you want for the person who consumes the meal. You don’t always have to chant or say a spell. The visualization is the spell.”

I nodded, showing I understood, then start stirring the spaghetti. I close my eyes and think hard. I visualize Kane, he’s asking me out, then kissing me. Then we are making out and it’s leading to more and it shocks me so much that I open my eyes too soon and the spell is gone. I blush, then I stop stirring. Kane is looking at me with a smirk on his face, on eyebrow raised. I blush even more.

“So, what did you visualize?” I swear he was mocking me. He knew! “U-uhm,” I stuttered nervously. “I couldn’t think of anything,” I said, my voice betraying me.

He nodded once like he understood, but there was still a smirk on his face.




© 2018 WitchyWiccan)0(


Author's Note

WitchyWiccan)0(
hi. dynamize

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on January 11, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018
Tags: chloe, penelope, wiccan, kane, candles, incense, crystal, book, secrets, shadows, coven, church, wiccans


Author

WitchyWiccan)0(
WitchyWiccan)0(

Hampton, VA



About
Hello, my name is Nyxia Night, I am a Pagan High Priestess of the Lunar Night Coven. I am 18 years old, and live in hampton, VA. I write Short Stories, Novels, and nonfiction about myself and Paganism.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(