The Difference Between Education Systems Around the World

The Difference Between Education Systems Around the World

A Story by Crystal Maust

Every country around the globe takes pride in its development status, economy and its education and literacy status. Schooling is highly valued by all countries thus the reason why different countries adopt different education systems. Normally, there is always a relationship between a country’s education system and its economic state.

Why Understand Education Systems?

The education system does not really affect what is taught; it is related to how students are taught. For example, some academic things are universal; hence you will always get a perfect task.

However, you will often find that different students around the world have different timelines for which to fully comprehend particular skills and principles. Professional writing skills are a good example. This disparity is often caused by the type of tutoring system adopted by different countries.

Educational Systems Around the World

The success of an education system is based on several factors but the main one is the overall literacy levels. Other underlying factors that determine the success of a schooling system include;

  • macro-economic environment

  • infrastructure and facilities

  • Rate of enrollment

  • Labor market efficiency

Here are some of the countries rated to have some of the best and most successful schooling systems.

1. Finland

The country has a top-rated education system in the world. In this country, all children are treated equally in class despite academic strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, there is only one mandatory test throughout the learning process done by students at the age of 16.

2. Switzerland

The country has one of the most successful public education sectors in the whole world. In this country, only less than 5% of the overall students attend private schools. The system allows them to be separated according to intellectual ability as from secondary school going forward.

3. Singapore

Singapore appears in this list mainly because its students often perform awesomely in the Program for International Students Assessment (PISA) tests. The schooling structure in Singapore demands children to understand key educational principles at an early stage. Before proceeding to secondary school, children must do two major exams in primary school.

4. Netherlands

The Netherlands is known to have the most lenient and stress-free education system around the world. Schools never burden their students with homework until later years in high school level. There is a minute percentage of private schools in the Netherlands.

5. Qatar

Qatar has also emerged as one of the leading countries in the schooling sector. It has adopted an innovative aspect of teaching encouraging students to perceive research-based learning by providing all the financial help needed. The country offers free education to all its citizens.

6. New Zealand

New Zealand also makes its way into this list. It takes approximately 13 years to complete both primary and secondary education from age 6 to 19 years. It is mandatory for children to attend school up to the age of 16.

7. Barbados

The country has one of the world’s top literacy levels of over 98% among its population. Barbados has heavily invested in schooling, thus most primary and secondary schools are owned and controlled by the government. Primary education starts from the age of 4 to 11 and secondary education continues to the age of 18.

Final Thoughts

Each country has its own way of imparting knowledge to its students. Some systems are based on innovations while others are based on exams and tests. However, the overall success of the system depends on how much the government is willing to invest in the education sector.

The academically top-rated countries worldwide as far as schooling is concerned have achieved this by investing more into the sector.

© 2021 Crystal Maust


Author's Note

Crystal Maust
Professional online writers can help you draft the perfect assignment. You can always use online helpers such as Edusson online service ‘cause it does not matter who writes the thing as long as the structure and all the rules of writing it are followed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on June 14, 2021
Last Updated on June 14, 2021
Tags: education, system, worldwide