To My Unborn Child - I Wanted You To Know...

To My Unborn Child - I Wanted You To Know...

A Poem by WithoutName
"

Dedicated to the parents without children and to the children without parents.

"

1. I love you.  Above all else, always remember that I love you unconditionally and unequivocally.  That will never change.  You have no say or choice in this matter.  It is my selfish desire to love you and I will with all my heart, whether I am present or not.

2. I support any path that you choose to follow on the condition that it does not intentionally harm others.  I hope it brings you joy and satisfaction.  If it does not, try something else.

3. Happiness is within yourself.  It is always within you, waiting to be brought forth.  Do not try to attain it from external sources.  Happiness is internal, and any positive external forces will only add to the happiness you already have.

4. Mistakes are opportunities for learning and self-growth.  You will make a lot of mistakes throughout your life and that is okay.  Making mistakes just means you will have that many more opportunities for learning and self-growth.  After every mistake you will have a choice. Reflect on your mistake and do what you think is best.  It’s easier to avoid making the same mistakes repeatedly if you reflect and learn from them.

5. Ultimately it is you who determines your self-worth.  If you let others determine it, they will try.  But it is your choice, not theirs, when they can and when they cannot.

6. Trust your judgement. If it’s not enough, trust your family’s or friend’s.

7. Love yourself and loving others will come naturally.

8. Trust yourself and trusting others will come naturally.

9. Sometimes circumstances do not allow you to be civil.  When being civil is an option again, do not feel guilty about the decisions you had to make when your options were limited.

10. I really, really, love you!

11. If you love someone, often remind them that you do. Your love is a gift, and everyone likes to receive a gift. By the way, I love you!

12. Ask for and let yourself receive help when you need it.  Everyone needs help on occasion, even those who think they do not.

13. Sometimes accidents happen and there is nothing you could have done to change them.  During those times, rely on your family and friends for support.

14. Do not be afraid to chase after your dreams.  When you reach them, congratulate yourself, celebrate with those important to you, thank the ones who helped you, and lastly, find a new dream.  It’s healthy to take a break once in awhile, too.

15. You can affect the external, but you cannot control it.  Do not be fooled by the promises of others who offer the illusion of control.

16. Focus on what you can do instead of what you cannot.

17. If you do not like your situation, change it.  You have the power.

18. Knowledge can be as liberating as it can be binding. Use your wisdom to judge which end of the spectrum the knowledge you have obtained falls upon.

19. Regret is a lesson waiting to be learned. Learn it and move on or it can consume you. These lessons are usually the most difficult to learn, but the effort in trying is as important as the lesson itself.

20. Be loyal to those who deserve your loyalty.

21. Labels lack depth. Try to avoid labeling things or people and instead try to understand them.

22. Take care of your family and they will take care of you.

23. Enjoy this world! It is a playground and you have the privilege to play in it. I hope I can play in it with you, but if not, know that I am proud of you for playing. It’s not always easy, but it’s worth it.

24. Remember you are loved.

© 2014 WithoutName


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a timeless and poignant piece of work! I think Number 9 on civility hits the mark. If only we didn't have to experience those times when the line between right and wrong wasn't so similar. You're a great writer!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 12, 2014

Author

WithoutName
WithoutName

About
I'm new to this community but I look forward to writing and reading with all of you! more..