Cat and Mouse

Cat and Mouse

A Poem by WoLf
"

A short poem of a cat and a mouse

"

There once was mouse who lived in a house down in an abandoned subway. There also was a cat with claws on his feet who lived down the street. The cat boasted his home but in truth his home was toasted in flames and the cat found someone to blame for his shame. Who else but an innocent mouse living in his comfortable house. The cat in all his imagined glory came one day to say “its time to leave your house tiny mouse only I deserve such a regal home”. But the mouse refused and was not amused so instead of heeding the cat’s command or pleading for mercy, the mouse shunned the cat portraying his defiance and sent him on his way. The cat was not done for his fun had only begun. A fair scare may send the mouse out unaware. The cat turned violent and tried a frightening show of fake lightning bolts. Under a thick white sheet the cat hid but the mouse showed no fear to this fat piece of furry meat. The mouse so brave said to the cat that could use a bit of a shave: “your scares you try do not scare me for I bare no fear to these fake bolts of lightening nor to your not so freighting white sheet you wear”. With that the mouse slammed his door. The cat now desperate for a place to stay tried to pay the mouse out of his house but the mouse refused and kept the cat at bay. He said “your money will not please me nor will any gummy honey or cheese will please my house is were stay no matter what you say”. The cat was out of ideas there was no doubt the mouse would not leave there must have been something up the mouse’s sleeve. In the end the cat knew he would have to bend the rules. The cat was never fooling the mouse but the cat was done drooling at the mouse’s life style. The cat asked to join the mouse in his large haven the mouse agreed but gave the cat a look of a raven saying “wash away your greed and our relationship will succeed”. They shook there paws and agreed to a long lived friendship.

Like they say you can’t beat em join em.

© 2011 WoLf


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love this! its very good(: i like that last part:
"Like they say you can’t beat em join em."
amazing, funny work(:




Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6328 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011
Tags: Funny, short, rhyme

Author

WoLf
WoLf

CA



About
Just the average guy doing his thing. Current project(s): Winchester Grove Finished Projects: Through Wolves Eyes Series Future Project(s): Wolvrens of Frost Creek (name subject to change) more..

Writing