Never Coming Home

Never Coming Home

A Story by Silent Wolf
"

Based off the songs The Ghost Of You by My Chemical Romance and When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne. Also, the book is called "Lovely Fate"

"
I took the letter and triangularly folded flag out of the officer's hands numbly. How could this be possible? 
He grabbed my hands and placed them around his neck before lowering his to rest against the small of my back, smiling as we twirled joyfully in circles to the beat of the song. My body was pressed tightly against his as we moved gracefully across the large dance floor, his emerald green eyes searching my dark chocolate brown ones behind his shaggy, chin length black hair. 
Tears mixed with my black eyeliner rolled down my face like a river, only to fall on the ground and explode into tiny fragments of what it once was. I sniffed as I slowly opened the letter and began to read it, the letters in his beautiful, slanted, cursive handwriting that he thought must be the ugliest in the world, but I beg to differ. 
He pulled me closer to him as the song slowed down, and we stayed that way for almost an hour until the dance was over and we were sent home. We were only 16 years old. 
I could hear the officer speaking, but I couldn't hear the words. I could see his mouth moving when I looked up at him blankly, but I could not comprehend that he was speaking. I bit my bottom lip to hold back a scream. 
Once more, my 19 year old fiance reminded me why he had to go off to war, then he smiled and kissed me, promising that he would return in time to see our baby girl, our own little princess. Then, as if to prove his point, he kissed my stomach. In a final goodbye, he hugged me tightly and held me there for a moment, then, without another word, he let go and set off on the plane headed to Afghanistan. Or at least, I think it was Afghanistan... 
I hugged the flag close to my chest, as close as humanely possible, the letter squished between my chest and the flag, my head bent forward as I cried, letting the tears fall freely down my face. "He said that he would come back..." I thought. 

© 2016 Silent Wolf


Author's Note

Silent Wolf
First off, this is dedicated to all those American Soldiers who fought and didn't make it home.
Now. OMG I SO LOVE THIS SO FREAKING MUCH AND ERMAHGERD I WANT TO MAKE THIS INTO A BOOK! I say that often, but I guess I just love what I write. :P But I don't know how many other people would like it... :/ I mean, I know one of my friends would love to read it, because she loves to read what I wrote. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

humanly not humanely thats like total different word there. sorry babe if this is going to be published im proofreading since ive read it before lol. a couple other grammar things. i numbly took instead of tacking numbly at the end there on the first sentence. begged* you have he thought in past tense so therefore beg must be in past tense too. other than those few things its perfect and i'm so proud of you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautiful dreamer

10 Years Ago

awe good :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is called "Falling In Love."
C. Rose

10 Years Ago

Beg doesn't have to be past tense - the character still thinks his handwriting is beautiful. It migh.. read more



Reviews

I like this a lot, it's great how you managed to capture the moment of being told such grave news. It goes without saying that you've managed to incredibly describe and capture the emotion within your work. Very well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this story was very beautiful. You explained everything in very good detail. I loved it very much. Keep writing :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We have allowed brain thinking to develop and dominate our lives.
As a consequence, we are at war within ourselves.
The brain desiring things which the body does not want, and the body desiring things which the brain does not allow; the brain giving directions which the body will not follow, and the body giving impulses which the brain cannot.

I felt the loss and hopeful prayers that your love one will come back. Going to war is like going to the beach , you bring the sand home with you.

To cite a quote
" Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. I firmly believe that and its true we are all born to work together like sets of feet, hands, eyes, and to cooperate with one another like upper and lower teeth. To obstruct each other is not just. We are meant to love and give it out freely. The world will be better off but not everybody believes in that cause some truths people don't follow or apply it . But poetry is what makes us human. The language of the soul. Keep writing and thanks for sharing.

Sincerely your friend in poetry and life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

THANS SO SADDDDD!!!!!!!!😭

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice story, it reminds me of the song, 'The Ghost of you, by MCR'.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really loved this and yes please continue:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this story so much. My brother went into the military but got discharged because apparently you can't sleep walk.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

Yeah, that'd be a good reason to be discharged... *hugs* but at least he's okay.
Parker101

8 Years Ago

this was good i like it very interesting XD
Oh okay first I'd like to point out couple of petty niggles. First Afghanistan,please capitalize it my brain is sad. The story was a bit confusing at first cause I,being a big dummy as i am, didn't understand that it's jumping from current events to retrospection now I'm not saying it's badly written just make some transition apart from different font. Ah now for the story itself. I honestly like it it's full of feelings and imagery. It made me tear up a bit, tho it might've been my cat digging his claws into my leg, and overall feel of it is nice. It would be hard to make this into a book,depends on when your events would start and stuff like that, but I do believe that you have potential.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Jeremy Thompson

8 Years Ago

No problem feel free to send me your works tho I'm an extremely busy lately I'll find time to read e.. read more
Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I don't normally send read requests as I don't receive them myself, and I don't want to b.. read more
Cody Jeremy Thompson

8 Years Ago

Got that and yeah don't fret to send them.
Wow, first of all you got my attention when you mentioned it's based off the song The Ghost of You by MCR (love them and still can't believe they're not making music anymore *sniffs and wipes tear*) but despite being short, it's raw and emotional and powerful. I thought it was well written. Job well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scheherazade

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to some MCR so I can reminisce.. read more
Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

XD Go listen to Fake Your Death by them.
Scheherazade

8 Years Ago

Oh god, I remember when that song came out I got all happy because I thought oh yay, another song, t.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

1964 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 4, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2016

Author

Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf

Insanity, My own little paradise



About
♥♥♥♥♥UPDATES!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (updated as of 11/22/17) ~I've graduated high school. I've got a full time job. -I am still writing Simli.. more..

Writing
Raven Raven

A Story by Silent Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


God is one God is one

A Poem by Riddhi