Prologue for the Apocalypse

Prologue for the Apocalypse

A Story by Wolvesta

There used to be smells of summertime and the feeling of the warm sand beneath me. I remember hearing the chirping of crickets at night and the waves of the ocean. The sunlight filling the sky, pure scattered light; its hue ambitiously illuminated each crevice of the land. The tides on the sea were racing among each other to reach the horizon from where the mighty godlike sun appeared. I can still taste the salt of the sea as the waves splash on me. I knew then that I was completely at peace, but that's where it all went wrong. 

If you are reading this, then I'm dead. You've found my diary recollecting my hell that I called my life. If you have a faint of heart or just don't care, then bury this where you found it and wait for someone else to find it. If you want to continue reading this, go ahead. 

But there is no happy ending in this story. Just like reality, there aren't any happy endings. I had to go through absolute hell. While you sit there crying your a*s off about how your crush doesn't like you, imagine seeing you little 5-year-old sister engulfed in flames. The sound she made as the blaze licked away her innocent flesh. The look of your mother looking so scared for her unborn baby and wondering where you were. The sight of your dad falling to the ground and never coming back up because he succumbed to his fate. 

I'll tell you my story, how perfect it was, and how it all went wrong.

© 2020 Wolvesta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on January 19, 2020
Last Updated on January 19, 2020
Tags: prologue, story, apocalypse, aftermath, journal