Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm

A Poem by Lala
"

I think this isn't a good read in most of the opinions, because it's a lot of my own brain waves haha. I just enjoy writing a story that flows like a poem (not continuously but I try).

"
I had an imaginary conversation with you. Imagining things is what I do so that isn't something new. It's funny how I can already hear you agree and say true. Normally I keep to myself. It's what I'm good at and you're used to that as well. So what I want to ask might sound strange but can I share this imaginary conversation with you for a change? 

In it I told you I thought of you as my lucky charm. No not the cereal kind you silly idiot with your beautiful mind. Will you just let me finish and let me try to be serious instead of mysterious for once? This isn't easy to explain but to me you were serendipity. Something I could see physically and typically it's not something you can easily find but you were perfectly timed. An unexpected rendezvous I didn't plan running into but suddenly there were you. As if the universe said trust me you need this presence so let this be a lesson. You do well on your own but connecting with others is in our essence. So stop with your hiding because we all need a little guiding to help us with this thing called surviving. Then my elbow would playfully push your shoulder and I'd say since you're so emotional don't get all teary though, you know I don't believe any of that really of course I mean all this in theory. 

But seriously, I do hold you dearly and I mean that sincerely. You were my lucky charm, protected me from any harm. In your arms you kept me warm and I felt safe from every storm. You would say I'm so cliche, I'd laugh and answer hey I'm just trying to appreciate you here okay? You'd tell me I have a weird brain and that if anything, I'm my own hurricane. But the smile on your face would tell me you'd shelter me from any type of rain, even if it falls from my own sky. I would ask why and you'd reply that I'm a silver lining so you would do anything to take away whatever stops my sun from shining. I'd say oh stop lying, I'm not buying what you're supplying but I appreciate you trying. Can I go back now to my imaginary clarifying?

A lucky charm you were, however I know luck isn't forever. It doesn't last and flies by so fast but the impact of it can be vast. With that being said, I wish I could hold you just a little longer before you run ahead. Like a rabbits foot on a key chain or a horseshoe above a door, I wish I could always have your presence and not go back to when you weren't around and someone like you was only something I could hope for. So just know my four leafed clover, I wish our connection never has to end but sometimes I think that soon it's all over and about that I'll never get closure. You'd ask what happened to living in the moment? Well I used to be good at remaining focused but as you probably noticed some moments to me feel more like opponents. Because when something is so comforting is it odd I'm wondering about the day those doors are closing and instead of staying all those peaceful feelings are going? 

So yeah, a lucky charm you were to me but not in the classical way it's defined. It wasn't because you brought me luck or made everything in my life go right. Instead, you saved my mind and gave me back the happiness I sometimes left behind. When needed I had your help to turn on the light, to make every fight a little less hard and that's something I can't ever discard. So my sweet lucky charm, it's quite simple if I think it through. You were one to me, because I was lucky to find you. 

© 2019 Lala


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on August 16, 2019
Last Updated on September 8, 2019

Author

Lala
Lala

About
Welcome to my page! I know we're all writers here, but if you like my writing and are interested in me writing something for you, just hit me up! I do freelance poetry writing and it truly makes me.. more..

Writing
Fiverr Woman Fiverr Woman

A Poem by Lala


Lucht Lucht

A Poem by Lala