The Rose The Wall and The Storm

The Rose The Wall and The Storm

A Story by WriterInWonderland
"

Sometime I wrote as a reaction to my inability to open up to people, sporting a facade of strenth.

"

To all the world I am as strong as stone. On the inside I am as frail and fragile as a rose caught in a violent winter storm. And no one will ever truly know. No one can get passed my wall or the shield of a blizzard. I will be too broken before they can reach me. I cannot be saved. Who would view a thorny petal-less rose to be worth saving anyway? I would crumble on contact. And that is not worth the wall and my storm. There can be no satisfaction from a victory like that. And with no one able to get in, how could I ever expect to get out? To escape myself and see the sun again. I have tried. And all I do is circle back, lost in my own fierce and fortified prison wall. I would be as frail as ever. I lose my petals with every attempt. Help me. I have too few petals left. The last to fall will be my undoing. Help me, save me, before the last petal flutters to the snow clad ground, and the rose passes on...

© 2017 WriterInWonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: opening up, friendship, self help, blurb

Author

WriterInWonderland
WriterInWonderland

Derry, NH



About
My name is Marie. I'm 25 years old. I've been writing since I was 13. Although I'm afraid my motivation has dwindled in the past few years. I want to rekindle my interest in writing and reading. And g.. more..

Writing