Sieze Me

Sieze Me

A Poem by Joe W
"

This poem was written to encourage men and women that there is a way to break out of addictions. In this poem I focus mostly on the struggle of pornography because I myself used to struggle with it.

"
God I feel like you're out there and you're calling to me, but I can't come right now because I'm addicted to this pornography. I feel like I'm running out of luck, because the ladies on my laptop got me stuck. God I need you to seize me and take hold of my heart, because every day more and more this tears me apart. Every night I pray for my soul the Lord will take, because every night it's this that keeps me awake. I'm tired of fighting this fight, it keeps me up with restless night after night. Every day that I delete my browsing history, I feel as if I'm deleting a part of me. I need to to please take a hold of me, this life that I'm living is becoming too crazy. Every day I open my computer to sites I no longer want to see, but I can't simply close them because it's a part of me. I'm hurting more than any one else can ever know, I'm ready to get out I just need the cue to go. God I need your 3 nails to keep me driven, God I need to know that I'm forgiven. I'm tired of falling again and again, repeatedly i go back to the same sin. I feel like I've fallen into the world's deepest pit, you stretch out your hand to me and say, "Here, take it". I grab a hold of it and you pull me through, I know now that all I gotta do is trust in you. You can pull me from whatever sin because of your sacrifice, I know that for me you payed the ultimate price. God I look to you and I leave all that pornography behind, because it was in that sin I was blind. You helped me to see what I was really made for, you shut that one up and opened a new door. So if I ever fall into sin like I did before, God please show me it isn't worth it any more.

© 2016 Joe W


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how when I read this I get your feelings of frustration and pain. Its very poetic and is a good message.
Very personal and well written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I hope that a lot of my writing inspires like this one.
very very powerful.. the way you are able to allow people into a very personal struggle of your own. we all have our addictions. this is really good..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

I know that this is a struggle for a lot of people out there. I struggled with it for years but am n.. read more
That was amazing, I loved how powerful it is! I can't wait to read more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I'll be putting more out soon. If you ever want me to write about something let me kno.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

Joe W
Joe W

Windsor, CO



About
"People may not always believe what you say, but they will believe what you do."-Adolf Hitler more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Poem by Joe W