The Encounter

The Encounter

A Poem by Joe W
"

This poem came to me at about 11:30 last night and it talks about the reality of depression. A lot of my stuff that I write about, I've experienced myself, so there are connections.

"
A girl walked into my office the other day, begging for me to listen to what she had to say. She told me of her depression and her desire to die, because she had grown up believing in a lie. For a while she tried to shut away and hide, but she couldn't escape from the relentless torment inside. I looked at her as she walked in that day, and what I saw blew my mind away. Cuts and burns ran up and down each arm, as she sat there describing her methods for self harm. She told me she was living life with a broken heart, and that this world continued to just tear her apart. She told me that this was why I've come to you, I'm at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do. I've tried nearly everything that I could think of, and it was that moment I decided to share God's love. I told her it seems crazy but no matter what you do, there will always be someone who loves you. He sent his one and only son to die upon a tree, in order to save the sinners and the lost like you and me. In this He also demonstrated His kindness and love, so that He could show us His power from above. I told her that there will always be one thing that is true, and that is that God will always love you. She asked me then what can God do for someone like me, and I told her anything but most importantly He will set you free. He's not like any other guy, for He'll show you how to stop living in this lie. She left my office with a giant smile on her face, knowing her heart and mind were in a new place. As she walked away I felt a sense of peace inside, and was glad I met with her before she attempted suicide.

© 2016 Joe W


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. I love how your work flows.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

Joe W
Joe W

Windsor, CO



About
"People may not always believe what you say, but they will believe what you do."-Adolf Hitler more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Poem by Joe W