I Am Human Too

I Am Human Too

A Poem by Joe W
"

This is one that speaks about the struggles of homelessness and what life is like for them. I really hope this touches people to view others in a different light.

"
This is a tribute to the homeless who live on the street. The ones you pass by but never choose to meet. You say their all druggies and people who wasted their time. People with no future when their just asking for a dime. Have you ever thought to yourself what if I was in their shoes? How would I live, what would I do? Have you ever sat down with them
and asked them to tell their story? Or are we too stuck up in our own chase for glory. You say they had their chance and they threw it away. Then you never ask them what they have to say. I bet if you were to just sit, and ask, and listen. I guarantee that almost every time you learn something. You may walk away amazed at what knowledge some of them have to share. Here you were up on your high horse not really giving a care. Maybe one day you'll end up like them begging for food and spare change. Maybe it's time to reevaluate them and look to a change. See them as they are and they'll stay that way. See them as who they could be and suddenly it's like a new day. Your idea of what they were no longer exists. It's been torn down and replaced with ideas like this. The homeless, they're human just like me and you. Just show them a little more and you'll be surprised at what it will do.

© 2016 Joe W


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

fantastic writting and message. i have done similar poems, not so in depth as your, i'm new here and to this so getting there slowely but this piece is perfect, hits just the right note, isn't too aggressive in your feelings against those that jusge, you have just the right balance. well done, full marks :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work. I don't really do too many of these but when I do, they come sp.. read more



Reviews

I think you're completely right, tbh I have always thought this way.
I tend when I come to these sisuations I buy them a meal snack and give them
The change. That's not early enough, and I think that people judge what they
See weakness in themselves.
Maybe it's because we know we can become homeless many judge them.
In a bad way. Some of those people are truly nice people .

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KnightOfAnarchy

8 Years Ago

Oh I'm very sorry to hear that dear, I'm happy to hear you no longer are.
You're strong to h.. read more
Joe W

8 Years Ago

I've certainly learned a lot through that but it was really that experience that drove me to write t.. read more
KnightOfAnarchy

8 Years Ago

Again I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes our downfalls bring us the most hope.
This is the second poem of yours I've read and I've written my own on the same subjects - (cool) you have another great message here and I totally agree that we should take the time to get to know people whether they are homeless or not - stop judging and start loving :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback. I love it when people tell me that I'm giving a good message. That's how I .. read more
Joe! This is beautifully written. I couldn't agree more with you, on how the terrible ways we treat homeless people. I always give money when I see them on the streets, and my mom tells me not to. My mother is a kind, amazing woman who donates her time to community service, but she always tells me not to give them money. She say's they'll use it to buy drugs, or other things. My mother encourages to buy them a meal of some sort. Many people similarly to my mother. However, my mother and the rest of the world has no clue what hell this man/woman has gone through. The person may use the money to buy their next fix, but I don't have to know this. The person may use the money to help pay for their child's meal, but I dont have to know this. I think doing the deed, and helping one another out is enough. I think homeless people deserve the honesty and respect that anyone with a self-sustaining job should get. We have to trust each other, and hope that we'll make the right decisions. A dollar to me could mean nothing, but a dollar to a man on the streets could mean the world. Thank you for writing this!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

What you say is very true and I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for the feedback.
fantastic writting and message. i have done similar poems, not so in depth as your, i'm new here and to this so getting there slowely but this piece is perfect, hits just the right note, isn't too aggressive in your feelings against those that jusge, you have just the right balance. well done, full marks :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work. I don't really do too many of these but when I do, they come sp.. read more
wow....wonderful its an inspiring note it change my perspective on how i think about others,you really are inspiring keep it up

Posted 8 Years Ago


this is touch the heart ,it is nice

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

Joe W
Joe W

Windsor, CO



About
"People may not always believe what you say, but they will believe what you do."-Adolf Hitler more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Poem by Joe W



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..