Why it is Important to Get Professional Asbestos Removal Services Every Time

Why it is Important to Get Professional Asbestos Removal Services Every Time

A Story by Hannah
"

Asbestos is widely known as a dangerous mineral that can be found anywhere but is mostly used in construction during the early times.

"

Asbestos is widely known as a dangerous mineral that can be found anywhere but is mostly used in construction during the early times. The use of asbestos is still ongoing in other countries, but not in Australia. A total ban in production, usage, and import of asbestos in the country has been regulated since 2003. This is due to the growing number of work-related illnesses and deaths recorded throughout the country. 


On the other hand, buildings and houses that were built before the 1990s are most likely to carry the toxic material. To handle renovations or total destruction of these structures, licenced and trained asbestos removal Shepparton experts are the appropriate people for this type of work. 


Asbestos-containing products used in houses 


Asbestos is classified into two categories: friable and non-friable. This refers to how asbestos is used. Friable asbestos is easily crumbled which can turn into fibres and easily inhaled when exposed. Meanwhile, non-friable asbestos is well encapsulated and cannot be crumbled easily. 


Here are asbestos-containing products used in houses according to the Australian Government's Department of Health.


Bonded asbestos products used in:

  • roofing

  • shingles and siding

  • exterior and interior wall cladding 

  • eaves 

  • fencing 

  • thermal boards around fireplaces 

  • water or flue pipes 


Friable asbestos products in houses:

  • asbestos-rope door gaskets in wood stoves 

  • loose-fill roofing insulation 

  • spray-on insulation or soundproofing 

  • low-density asbestos fibre board 

  • insulation on hot-water pipes, domestic heaters and stoves 

  • backing material on floor tiles and vinyl flooring 

  • carpet underlay 

  • textured paints, decorative ceiling coatings 

  • heat-resistant fabrics

  • brick and plaster sealants, fillers and some adhesive products 

  • hail or fire damaged, or badly weathered asbestos cement materials 


Why get a professional asbestos removal service?


Although the use and production of asbestos in the country has been regulated since 2003, there are existing structures that were built before the 1990s and are most likely to still contain the toxic material. In line with this, here are the reasons why you should get a professional asbestos removal service.


Asbestos is a dangerous mineral that can cause deadly diseases

Asbestos has been listed on the top 10 most dangerous minerals and it can cause deadly diseases when inhaled. Prolonged exposure to asbestos can cause scarring of the lung tissue, asbestosis, cancer of the tissue, or lung cancer. Only professional asbestos removers can handle it safely. 


Note: Asbestos only poses a risk to health when its fibres are breathed in. This usually happens if the material with asbestos is damaged or in any way disturbed by breaking, cutting, drilling or sanding. 


Asbestos should be properly disposed 

There are EPA registered sites that serve as asbestos disposal areas which only the authorised specialists have access to. For proper disposal, they are also equipped with special equipment and protective clothing to protect themselves. 


Asbestos is best spotted and identified by professionals 

According to a study, it is not possible to find out whether a material contains asbestos by simply looking at it. The only way to find out is to contact an asbestos specialist to help you arrange an accredited testing for the suspected material. 


Take extra precautions to ensure your family's health 


If you've been living in an old house (which is built before 1990) and decided to have it renovated, it is best to have it inspected by an accredited laboratory. To do so, contact your asbestos removal experts and they will schedule testing with the laboratory for you. 

© 2020 Hannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on July 16, 2020
Last Updated on July 16, 2020
Tags: asbestos removal Shepparton

Author

Hannah
Hannah

Australia