I'm Selfish

I'm Selfish

A Poem by J. Write

I'm selfish
"I've never met anyone like you," I tell you 
The truth is I'm selfish
I ask if you're okay, 
It's only that I need you 'Okay'
I peck you,whispering, "Take care." 
I only want you safe - for me
I give you my heart, 
It's all to have yours
 I lean to kiss you, and yet
It's your kiss I really need
"I love you," I say
What I'm really saying is, please love me more
 You die, I cry, 
I need you alive for me
Its all for me
I'm selfish.

© 2012 J. Write


Author's Note

J. Write
I write short poems to break through writer's block ( strange...ha?) Those of you who read my chapters know that things do get lengthy at times...maybe most times.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The poem has so much raw emotion and truth to it. I do agree with Clara about what love makes people do. There is a very strange sense to needing someone to do what you do just to a grander extent.

I know that with my husband I love him, but I want him to love me more. I don't want him to die because I want to die the day before so I never have to live a day of my life without him.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A short poem, a literary tweet, a telegram all say what is needed to be said.
You said it! You aren't selfish you are just you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is amazing, simply amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awwww, it's not selfish to want somebody and want to be wanted more in return. Desire makes us do crazy things because we need love, crave it. Intense and truly passionate. I bet the intended person feels the same so they must be the same. Well penned piece indeed ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


this flowed realy well, great good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


fine

Posted 11 Years Ago


fine

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, J.Write I think I really like your writing style- take that back(I KNOW I like your writing style. You always know how to bring your audience in with interesting word structures and stories behind each of your pieces. Then your endings always deserves an applaud from your audience. In my opinion, it's the times when us, writers, go through writers' block that we share the most amazing work ever! You done an excellent job, no doubt about that. Keep writing and shining bright like a star! :)

Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cryingkate

11 Years Ago

I agree :-)
Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

11 Years Ago

Haha :) good.
Very good, I love it! :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good poem! Its a powerful piece that sums up an entire set of emotions in just a dozen or so lines.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think we are all a little selfish when it comes to love. We don't want to lose the object of our desire. I enjoyed the flow of this and repetition. All makes for a very nice poem. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2525 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012

Author

J. Write
J. Write

London, United Kingdom



About
Well, writing about myself is one of the few things I can't do. I love writing - I guess that's why I'm here. Nature comes second, or maybe not. I think I love nature more than writing--No, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by J. Write


The Ring The Ring

A Book by J. Write



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..