A Lost Society

A Lost Society

A Poem by

They lie to you

      in hopes that you may believe

      in what they have said.

 

So you become of the fools

      and they will feed off your kind

      for solely their benefit.

 

It is not only the stupid

but the foolish ashamed to stand up for what they believe.

 

                         In the end they will atone

    for their lack of care

                 with crippled lives

                 and corrupted lies

                                   within dens

                                   built of weakened ties

  

                  Of humane bonds

                     that scream their cries.

© 2010


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem have many hidden meanings. I believe here in the USA. We are being led to the slaughter and not fighting for our freedom. In Europe they will stand in millions to change things. Last lines are true. Liars and thief will get their reward in the end. No change had been done without violence in 60 years. A powerful poem. You made me think. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hopefully youth will bring forth a new paradigm , very well expressed .

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ah...the bonds of a course you don't truly believe in, being sucked dry by those you willingly drain yourself to appease. Such a selfish and cruel world, but you've written it in such a way that I can stomach the thought, only for a moment. Bravo.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a most powerful poetic scream into the darker shadows of sleepwalking humans in attempt to awaken them~ very well written~

Posted 13 Years Ago


The first verse was what pulled me in. It is so true to the core. We are all lied to, and seldom do we break free even if we know that it is a lie, and if we do break free, we are foolish, heretics, or just plain outcasts. I just love how this shouts about the reality of this world right now. We truly are part of the Lost Society.
Great job! Great writings!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, well said

Posted 13 Years Ago


When I was a kid in school I believed all the teachers told me...when I became a college student, I found out all I had learned in elementary school was lies and instead of being told what to think I was taught and encouraged to think for myself. This is what they call "critical thinking"...I think it should be called "honesty and fairplay" But I got started thinking that if I was lied to about such trivial things as how we "won the west" and the nobilty and bravery of the white settlers as opposed to the savagery and godlessness of the red-skinned heathens...I wondered what ELSE they had lied about! I found out George Washington bought his first elected seat with barrels of rum mixed with molasses...a concoction called "bumbo" and the political process hasn't changed much since! It's easy to be a cynic but really...all I ever wanted was for folks not to lie to me all the time...but...it never stops...now...it's the media and the politicians and the government that I see as most dishonest in this country. But the big dogs and fat cats won't "atone"...they just keep getting richer as the poor get poorer. I like where this write comes from...it shows you have a desire for honesty and fairplay.

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010

Author


Writing
lest we forget lest we forget

A Poem by


Get It Together Get It Together

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moods Moods

A Poem by DrD