Heart Of Glass. [Chapter One.]

Heart Of Glass. [Chapter One.]

A Chapter by

Droplets of water formed together before me, slowly creeping their way down my window pane with an intense amount of grace. I watched, wordlessly, as I collected my thoughts together, a sharp pain arousing in my stomach. With each new drop forming on the window, with each sigh that came bursting out of my lips, I felt myself disconnecting from all of the values of life and treasured happiness within. The rain hit the ground, a constant synchronization, a silent, yet immensely concentrated sound. Each drop that landed on the ground made my eyes water, my heart ache and my ears strain beyond belief. In spite of myself, I wanted to clamp my frail and most delicate hands over my ears, fearing that they would surely bust, leaving only more scars and memories to haunt me for eternity. The sky, before the awful rain, had been a dark blue, shimmering with different saturations of pink. I had watched in in awe, soaking in all of its' beauty hidden scarcely between. Soon enough, the rain had already came into view, shortly dying down afterwards. My mood had been ruined long ago, though the rain was surely enough. I had lost family, friends and even a good, supportive man of my own. Depression had hit me hard, perhaps even right in the gut with exruciating force. Ever since, distance has been filling the space between us. Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path. I had no car, hardly any money, and I was certainly in the hole by now. Reminders from my bank were being set off continuously, although I ignored them, just as the days continued to drag on. New clothes were long gone from my mind, my eyesight itself weakening by the minute. My clothes were old, or even ragged, but I refused to go out in public. The secure protection and peace from my household was just enough for me to handle alone.


© 2010


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love the description! my favorite line is, " Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path." However profoundedly is spelled profoundly. But its ok. i love this line!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I could almost feel myself there pained and alone. The sadness came out of the words right into me. This has so much imagery and feeling behind it I am amazed

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am such a stickler for literature that usually if the first sentence doesn't catch my attention then I WONT read the rest of it. This how ever started on a note I had not heard yet. You are very descriptive. I Like how your scenery throws the reader into the emotion of the story. Makes me think of Shakespeare in a way...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing!!! Your word choices were wonderful and I can relate to the end of this where it starts at "Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path." This is simply beautiful and I look forward to reading on. Well done! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I Am Breathless, :) this is amazing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like what you've done, and it comes across with a great deal of sincerity, as it seems to express a dissolution of spirit.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the description! my favorite line is, " Necessary conversations and erosions of laughter together are lost, profoundedly leaving nothing but sadness and emptiness in its' path." However profoundedly is spelled profoundly. But its ok. i love this line!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is just amazing! Your writings are so descriptive! You should be published one day.
The only problems I saw was that you didn't make new paragraphs or indent, but that can be easily changed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your descriptions work well in this piece, and the emotion comes across well. That being said, this piece doesn't establish much plot. It hints at things that have happened in the past, but the reader's never sure what is actually going on. You could try sprinkling in some plot elements or starting off with a more concrete scenario (unless you're against that of course).

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. It sounds interesting so far. Your descriptions are REALLY great. So far, so good!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. I could really fell the emotion behind your words.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010


Author


Writing
Escape. Escape.

A Story by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..