Untitled ~ {Chapter 2 of The Jagged Soul}

Untitled ~ {Chapter 2 of The Jagged Soul}

A Chapter by
"

Memory can seem like an avalanche that wants to draw us down and under ourselves.

"
I closed my eyes, trying to remember, then saw a heavy pool of sleep sand and relived its deep, thick and thundering silence. A jumble of memories lurched, like unstable ruins of loose masonry. In flashes I glimpsed fractures of my broken existence, spread out at my feet. And my world ~ stillborn, lifeless and flat. 

I glimpsed my thoughts, like a pile of smashed glass, swept into a forgotten corner of my mind. Darkness, darkness, so much darkness, boundless and immeasurable darkness. A beautiful, mindless ache rose up from the darkness, steadily drawing me under myself. An unseen history ~ mine ~ lazily sunk ever downward. 

Suddenly, pure light unwound her spiral arms and struck out at the darkness, which violently shattered and shrunk into nothingness. The beautiful sigh spoke to me wordlessly, filling me with coloured light and undressing my soul. Minuscule filaments of rain became fat, pregnant droplets on my skin. With each drop, a glimmer of salvation. Time stood still in this dimension of edgeless and dangerous brilliance.


© 2011


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is poetically voiced once more...free form stream, almost...such beauty in your words here!
I am loving this journey!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
1 Review
Added on June 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011
Tags: surreal, dreaming, souls, journey


Author


Writing
The Jagged Soul The Jagged Soul

A Book by