Chapter 4 - good and bad news

Chapter 4 - good and bad news

A Chapter by

“Hey don’t pull that hard!” yelled Minzy “You’re gonna rip my arm of!” Damian just sighed in relieve, relaxing more now that he heard Minzy joke. She was still sad and confused though. She didn’t know what she should do, or how to tell GD. or if she should even tell him. Could she tell him? maybe not. It would change  everything about their relationship. And Minzy didn’t want that to happen. She should make him hate her, so he wouldn’t get hurt. or at least not as much.

“Minzy. You need to tell GD about your condition.” said Damian. “Go tell him that you have been to the doctor, and tell him what the doctor told you.” he said calming her a bit. “You heard him yourself. He said that you could tell him everything. Take him up on the word, and tell him.” he ended.
“But Damian, how can i tell the one i love that he should go find a new love, because i won’t be here in the future.” Minzy said in-confident.
“You don’t know that!” yelled Damian. “You don’t know if you’ll beat the cancer! It have been beaten before!”
“You have cancer Minzy?” said a female voice behind them. Both Damian and Minzy looked shocked behind them to find Cala, one of Minzys friends, with a face full of surprise looking at them. “Why haven’t you told me about it? Does anyone else knows? How bad is it? Are you on cemo? when will-” she was stopped by Minzy “Cala please. Stop. Damian is the only one who knows, and i preferred to let it be that way. But now that you have found out i would like if you would keep it a secret to everyone.” Minzy requested.
“Minzy you know i can’t do that. They should all know about it so they are prepared. And what about GD? He doesn’t know either?” Cala asked. “No.” Minzy replied back, implying that she didn’t want to discuss it. Damian took Minzys hand and defended her: “Minzy is fearing that if she tell GD about having cancer, he might not be the same as before towards her. She is scared of his reaction.”
Cala did understand it somehow, but she still thought that GD should know.
“Okay then..” Cala said with a sigh and continued filling the words with disappointment. “I won’t tell them anything.”
Both Damian and Minzy were relieved, thanking Cala for keeping it a secret. But even though Cala seemed like the stronger person among the four girls, she left the two with silent tears running down her cheeks. Knowing that her truly amazing friend probably wouldn’t be in the world in a couple of years.


GD had left town for a couple of weeks, now that a holiday had come up after the party. He had told Sam, and the rest of the group got the message from him. GD was speechless, and he didn’t want to face Minzy now that she had been cheating on him. That was what he thought though.
The whole group was eating dinner at Bom’s house chatting and having a great time. Damian, Cala and Minzy had all temporarily placed the thoughts of tragic in the back of their heads. It was a relieve for their minds, to be allowed to think of nothing important for a couple of hours.
“Guys me and Travis have something to tell you!” exclaimed Terry. Everyone looked at them in surprise. “Are you guys dating?” asked Minzy in a playfull tone. Travis and Terry looked at her with vide eyes.
“How did you know?” asked Travis. The others looked at him, eyes wide open and jaws on the floor.
“I saw you two holding hands and the party.” She said grinning widely. Everyone had a burst out in laughter and concratulated them, saying how it actually was obviouse now that they thaught about it.
“This is just awesome? said Bom still laughing. “We should celebrate! I’m gonna go make us some snacks and drinks. Sam do you wanna help me out?” she asked. Sam smiled sweetly at her, got up and followed her to the kitchen.
“Sweety? Why don’t we say what has happened between us too?” Sam asked Bom. “It is a big anouncement you know.”
“Well it has to be said at some point. And now that we all are having such a great time, it would be the perfect situation to tell them.” Bom answered, kissing him gently on the lips. Sam rubbed her on the tummy, smiling at her.
“Lets do it now, you can bring the snack afterwards.” said Sam. Bom agreed and they both walked out hand in hand. The others looked at them, a bit anxious about the situation.
“We have something to annouce to.” Said Sam with a big smile. The others kind of knew what was gonna be said, but were taken back when Bom said: “I’m pregnant! And Sam is the father!”. Every one exclaimed a big, loude and roamind: “What?!” looking at the second newborn couple of the evening.
“Yup!” Sam said proudly. But that wasn’t the end. Sam looked ad Bom, eyes sparkling. Bom thought that he would say something like that he loved her, but that was not it. Sam kneeled down looking up at her, took her hand with one of his own, and with the other he took out a little box.
“Bonamy Bom Walker. Would you do the honour of being my wife?” Bom looked at him awestruck, blinked at few times and came back to her senses.
“Um, well. YES ofcours i will be your wife!” she said pulling him up and into his arms. Sam got out of the warm hug, and opened the little box, revealing a small, but amazingly beautiful ring with a little heart shaped diamond. Bom stared at it, and began tearing up from all the joy. Sam reached for her hand, and pleced the ring on the finger that will show that she is now taken forever.
“Now we must celebrate even more!” she said. She hygged Sam one more time, giving him another kiss, then walked out in the kitchen to fetch the tray of snacks. She walked in with the tray of snacks and drinks for all of them, all in one hand, happy and almost jumping around in joy.


When she passed Minzy she rubbed her head for fun. But Bom noticed something, and placed the tray on the table next to them.
“Sweety? your hair. It’s shedding. Do you have some kind of condition?” She asked concerned. She kept on pulling more and more hair out of Minzys head, and every one became worried. Damian and Cala knew that this was the work of the cemo, that Minzy had been treated with ever since she was diagnosed.
“Ah, um...well I” studdered Minzy not being able to find an excuse for her hair loss.
“Minzy? What is happening?” asked Sam,
“You have been looking a little pail these last few weeks.” commented Dana.
“Yea, you don’t seem like yourself anymore.” Terry continued.
“Angela? are you hiding something from us?” Asked Travis.
Cala got up, her chair making a large noise, and everyone looked at her.
“Guys. Minzy is fine, don’t ask if she haven’t told you yet. She decides the continuation of this herself. She decides who get to know, and who don’t. And if you haven’t heard it yet, is it not because you are not allowed to!!” Damian continued afterwards: “Exactly! She is simply afraid, and we understand why, because we know. But Minzy does not want the relationship between us all get all tensed up, just because of her. She will tell you when she is ready.”
Everyone was shocked of their statement, but calmed down. They were still unknowing, and wanted to know, but respected the choice that Minzy had made.
“This will just make it even more awkward if i didn’t tell you right now” said Minzy.
She sighed and said the sentence that she thought would ruin everything: “I have cancer.”


© 2012


Author's Note

ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on April 1, 2012


Author


Writing
Shattered Shattered

A Poem by