Guess the Instrument

Guess the Instrument

A Story by
"

Some practice with imagery.

"
Regal amber constituted the majority of the tall wooden instrument. The scroll brushed her ears when she plucked the taut strings that traveled down its shadowy fingerboard, perched on the pale bridge, then glided down to meet the fine tuners. Two holes on either side of the bridge formed elegant swirls, complemented by  even sweeps and dives of the instruments sides. When bow met string, music as deep and as lovely as the hum of creation took flight.

© 2011


Author's Note

Have any idea how I can improve the first/second sentences especially?
Does hum of creation make enough sense?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cello! I know that for certain! Good job! Hmmm.... The first two sentences?? I reread them when I read your Author's Note. They seem fine to me, in face they make me want to keep reading. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm thinking cello. I think the first/second sentences fit nicely within the paragraph. It serves nicely as a beginning of the description and transitions well to the rest. Hum of creation is brilliant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely violin ?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011
Tags: cello, violin, double bass, voloncello, viola, whatever else, music

Author


Writing
Soldier Boy Soldier Boy

A Story by


Slow Dance Slow Dance

A Story by