Twelve Years

Twelve Years

A Chapter by

Dear God,
I was told that I should talk to you about my problems. I have never talked to you before, because I never really was taught who you are. I was just told their was a God, and that he loved me. I was never told that I could talk to you. Now, I'm not sure if you've seen me, or paid attention to me, so I will tell you about me. 
When I was about a month old, my mom gave me up for adoption. I was adopted by my aunt and uncle. They already had a life and they weren't going to change it because they now had a kid. They had a party every night or went to the bar. For the first 8 years of my life, they were on meth. If I annoyed them at night, they would give me a shot of alcohol and some NyQuil, so I would go to sleep.
I remember having a dog named chocolate. He was an amazing dog. Then, one day he got bit by a raccoon. They put him to sleep a couple days later. They didn't even tell me that they took him to the pound. They said he was sleeping at the neighbors house. I never believed them.
I'm not going to lie lord, I am a smart kid. Please don't give credit to them. I taught myself how to read while going to pre-school. I taught myself math by using a calculator. When i finally went to Eastern Valley Elementary School, I was very intelligent. i knew things that other kids hadn't even learned yet. 
I knew that the world was filled with liars. No wonder why you wanted to drown them. Everyone points their finger at you and if you talk back, then people aren't your friends. I knew how to turn the water back on illegally and use extensions chords to steal electricity from the neighbors before I could write. Overall, I have had to move 9 times and have had a utility shut off about 36 times.
In Kindergarten, i was worried about my next meal, instead of coloring in a caterpillar. I was forced to grow up fast and it turned me into the person I am now. In 5th grade I had a paper route so I could earn money, so I could eat. My aunt decided she wanted to leave my uncle so we left. When we did that, he cleared out my account of money I earned. That was a total of $1,768.38. 
I used to go to church, but my adoptive parents decided to have me not go there because they called it a colt. I wish I could talk to you more but I usually don't know how. I am now 12 years old. I have no true friends that I could trust with anything. I don't trust anyone. Finally, I don't know what I'm going to eat tomorrow, or if I will. Hopefully, my life will get better. Please bless me lord enough to get me out of this mess. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Sincerely,
Derek


© 2012


Author's Note

This chapter is made just to set a background. I'm not the best writer, but I hope you will keep reading the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2012
Tags: Steal, Adoption


Author


Writing
Our Future Our Future

A Poem by