A Lost Society

A Lost Society

A Poem by

They lie to you

      in hopes that you may believe

      in what they have said.

 

So you become of the fools

      and they will feed off your kind

      for solely their benefit.

 

It is not only the stupid

but the foolish ashamed to stand up for what they believe.

 

                         In the end they will atone

    for their lack of care

                 with crippled lives

                 and corrupted lies

                                   within dens

                                   built of weakened ties

  

                  Of humane bonds

                     that scream their cries.

© 2010


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem have many hidden meanings. I believe here in the USA. We are being led to the slaughter and not fighting for our freedom. In Europe they will stand in millions to change things. Last lines are true. Liars and thief will get their reward in the end. No change had been done without violence in 60 years. A powerful poem. You made me think. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You read this at Writer's Block once, right? It was amazing then, and still is, and I love its sad, eerie feeling. So much of human behaviour is explained here. We have a need to feel safe and secure, and for that we will believe almost anything that is told to us. And of course, karma's always there. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"In the end they will atone
for their lack of care"

Leaves me with a creepie, yet satisfying thought. You can expand alot on these lines alone.

Great Write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this, I di think that the majority might stand up for what they believed if they were given the truth to begin with, but we are easily beguiled. Maybe that is our weakness, we look for the lie to hide behind and believe because it is easier...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, that ending really got me. So creepy and disturbing, but a fabulous ending! I also love your title. I'm not sure I understand your format, but it intrigues me. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


All of your work seems interesting I like it very intriguing! I like it the thoughts the tittles your written word all very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Our country has changed so much over a few decades, it is like we have lost our heart or traded it in for the promise of gold. No longer do we stand up or fight back instead we are asleep at the wheel of a speeding car with no destination. I miss the old America it was more raw and yet more strong at the same time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your poem have many hidden meanings. I believe here in the USA. We are being led to the slaughter and not fighting for our freedom. In Europe they will stand in millions to change things. Last lines are true. Liars and thief will get their reward in the end. No change had been done without violence in 60 years. A powerful poem. You made me think. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


whoaaaa
i love the way you write it...
nice poem it has lots of ideas to be said

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello SaimaS,

First, I like the layout/format, it's unique. I thought it would take away from the Poem, but it did not. Secondly, I like your wording. You definately thought this out before laying it out. Impressive work.

I like to think of myself in a lost society. Not so much to be cool, and not to just strut around. But I feel I am in a losing battle to save a genre I love. Horror is where it all starts. What is horror now a days, but a good looking hunk chasing the flavor of this year. Sad really, and honestly, I am sure you don't want to hear about my personal battles, although I think everyone should.

Have i told you about my eye fetish? Oh wait, not another rant I am sure you are thinking. Fine fine, I won't go into it. You have a gem here, well written, well thought out, and incredible. Good work.

Always,

Jaidyn

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010

Author


Writing
lest we forget lest we forget

A Poem by


Get It Together Get It Together

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moods Moods

A Poem by DrD