MY GLASS MAN

MY GLASS MAN

A Poem by M. L. F.

When was the moment you were lost my glass man splintering?

A fraction of the man you were now lost in misery

The blazing starlight of my love beguiled the stars in space

I see you now awash in pain as tears stream down your face

How can it be, you were the one, my deep abiding love.

But now the pain of great disdain wraps tighter than a glove.

And yet the thing that’s saddening above all else you’ve done

was throw away, by choice you made, the fate of two for one.

 As hope abides, my soul divides, and feels yet split in two.

  And now my quest to find true rest from the splintering of you..   

© 2016 M. L. F.


Author's Note

M. L. F.
Need to bleed upon the paper, every now and again... What better place than poetry, to help seal off the wounds?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
S**t.......this was a hard poem for me to read, as i guess you have gathered.

I am this glass man, today. Shattered. Splintered. Riven. And not by my choice. It is not always the one who leaves that falls like shards of glass. The devoted, the truthful, the faithful, the heart and soul of a couple also falls to ground and shatters into a million pieces.
This is a very relevant poem; something that we can all relate to. Especially those of us who followed our hearts, loved unconditionally and were discarded like yesterday's leftovers.
A very potent poem, Misty, definitely hit the heart with this one. Great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

Thanks Doodley.. Funny thing is, I was the one who did the discarding, but because the hidden transg.. read more



Reviews

In your rich writing these wounds seem so fresh, bleeding still from love's fragile forms. Your imagery just aches with these wounds, and none are ever deeper than those of love lost. I know this pain too well. xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well said. Loved the rhyme and the entrenched meaning and flow!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

Thank you. This is one of the pieces I like the least, but the concept of "splintering" introduced .. read more
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're poetry inspired books, that's amazing!
wow, it's as though I can feel every emotion of misery and heartbreak through the poem
It's incredible to have such power over your audience xx

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

I am flattered, truly. Thank you for the encouraging words, and yes, a lot of emotion pours out som.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
S**t.......this was a hard poem for me to read, as i guess you have gathered.

I am this glass man, today. Shattered. Splintered. Riven. And not by my choice. It is not always the one who leaves that falls like shards of glass. The devoted, the truthful, the faithful, the heart and soul of a couple also falls to ground and shatters into a million pieces.
This is a very relevant poem; something that we can all relate to. Especially those of us who followed our hearts, loved unconditionally and were discarded like yesterday's leftovers.
A very potent poem, Misty, definitely hit the heart with this one. Great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

Thanks Doodley.. Funny thing is, I was the one who did the discarding, but because the hidden transg.. read more
Heh, you changed your last name. I apologize for not reading and reviewing this sooner. Well written, indeed, but I've always found you respect someone's works more by how well you present your understanding of it, rather than through compliments. A man who is broken, or in this case "shattered," can fall with his pieces and lie there as they continue to cut him open while he is unwilling to move. In truth, he cannot move for he is bound to the floor by the weight of a slowly emptying heart and a fractured mind. It is actually a secret cry for help, but when one reaches out to help him up, he may rebuke the merciful hand in violence, for that hand may have further drug him along the shards. Yet, he must see, if one is willing to provide sight to a blind man's eyes, the light of redemption that is reached through pain. This light is at first burning, but that is part of the process of healing. Yet, such a man may retreat in fear of the light, and the merciful hand, if it is not wary, may be cut off and drug down with the man, to the depths of despair.
I hope this allegory was apt.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh wow. this potent piece leaves the heart with scrapes and scratches...well, mine anyway.
Excellent choice of art to match. Thanks for the share!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Thank you.. No one probably looks at the art, but I was amazed to find it after I wrote the piece. .. read more
Antoñyo

8 Years Ago

Pure writers may not look, but I'm a creativity-holic (that also writes) and put much work into mine.. read more
Misty, did you improve on this or rework the wording any since I last commented? Now that I read it again, it feels somehow even better than before! 100/100 flawless.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Haha! Keen eye Takeshi, Keen eye... Why yes I did! ;) I changed the last line entirely, it was d.. read more
Takeshi Yamada

8 Years Ago

Yes, Misty, I would say the original was great and this version is publishable (!!!!!). I'm no poet,.. read more
The true sadness in life is not fragility. It is having something and then discovering it's fragility. No one ever discovered something new and then kept it hidden away, locked in their minds. No, they shared it with those around them hoping that they could gain something else from it by sharing it with others. Only after sharing it do they discover what an amazing thing it truly is. All that being said, this is one of those poems I found to be like that. If this were not shared, the wonder of this piece could not have been shared. Thank you for this piece. I look forward to reading more as I get around to it. Hope that you found this constructive and not simply as me trying to put my input in for input's sake.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. No I can appreciate the thoughts you expressed here. And I am appreciati.. read more
Joe W

8 Years Ago

You're welcome. I was hoping that's how it would come across.
The departure of someone who once held that special place in your heart does create a lasting void. We need to often revisit it again to address the pain. A beautiful cathartic write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very good, lots of emotion, but that's where good writing comes from. I really enjoy the way you weave the poems together. A very clear message, easy to read with very nice flow.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Wow, thank you.. I"m glad to hear the progression of the work is not lost on you. Very clever. Th.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1220 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

M. L. F.
M. L. F.

American writer in the Netherlands....



About
"True suspense, true... terror, doesn't jump in your face with a hockey mask. No, no...It starts very, very slowly, creeping up your spine and into the space where your hair trickles onto your neck.".. more..

Writing
TRUST TRUST

A Poem by M. L. F.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Rain ~ ~ Rain ~

A Poem by Dye