Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rogelio Chavez

Tess turned away from the television. She couldn't look at it anymore. It made her puke. She looked at herself in the mirror. I AM SO PRETTY. WHY WOULD HE CHEAT ON ME.  She loved her short red hair, wide black eyes, and long slim body. Liz walked in looking at Tess.

 

"Hey, best friend."                

 

Tess was red as a tomato. Liz had never seen Tess's eyes with such fire in them. Tess walked up to her and punched her.

 

"What the? Why did you do that?"

 

"You know my dad owns the lake house. Wouldn't you think he would have cameras in them in case anything ever happen?" Tess said. Liz realized she meant about her and Tom.

 

"Tess. It was Tom. He approached me. I couldn't resist. Uh. I am sorry."

 

"Too little, too late. Get the hell out of my house, rotten b***h." Tess commanded.

 

Liz slowly started walking out with her head down, not being able to look at Tess. She walked out. She saw Tom at the end of the hallway. Feeling sad, she runs to Tom with her arms opened, hoping to get a hug. Tom roughly grabbed her by the shoulders to stop. Liz stopped to see his face. He expressed no emotion in his face. His eyes were cold and lifeless. T

 

"Tom, are you okay. You're acting strange," Liz worried.

 

Tom tighten his grip in Liz' armed and roughly, almost dragging her, pull her into a room.

 

"Tom! What are you doing? Let me GO!" she yelled.

 

Tom quickly covered her mouth and pulled her up against him. Liz, in a rush of adrenaline, stomped on his foot and got loose. She ran out into the hallway. She looked back and didn't see Tom. She let a breath of relief. She jumped in fright when she saw Tom in front of her. She yelled and Tom quickly covered her mouth and slammed her against the wall. He was squeezing her jaw so hard, any harder; he would have broker her jaw.

 

“You will recruit Tess. She is different from the others.” Tom commanded. He breathed on her, giving the smell of a wet dog and death. She puked inside her mouth. Tom let her go and started walking away. She fell to the ground as her legs couldn’t support her weight anymore. She looked at Tom walking away. She saw that Tom didn’t care.

 

Liz felt a lot of pain in her head, worst than a migraine. The pain went away. Liz couldn’t feel anymore. All she felt was blank inside of her. Liz stormed inside of Tess’s room and went start for her.

 

“I thought I told you to leave.”

 

“Tom was right. You are different from the others.”

 

“What? What are you talking about? You know what, I don’t care anymore. Just get…”

 

She stopped talking. She had to observe Liz’s appearance changing. Liz changed from this nice, blank face to disgusting, rotten, cut up face. Liz roared at Tess. Tess screamed in fear. Suddenly, Tess couldn’t scream anymore, she couldn’t breathe. Liz’s hand was around Tess’s neck.

 

Liz then swung Tess around like a doll across the room into the hallway, breaking the door. Tess looked at Liz walking towards her. She saw that she had no emotion in her face. Pain ran through Tess’s body. Liz kicked her in the stomach throwing her across the hallway, like a soccer ball. Tess couldn’t breathe. The air ran up her throat not letting any air in. Liz grabbed her hair and pulled her up like picking up a paper. OH MY GOD, I AM GOING TO DIE, Tess thought. In a panic, Tess, grabbed a vase and broke it against the wall. She grabbed a piece, making sure it was sharp, she jerked in Liz’s arm. Liz let out a screeching scream. Tess got up and ran and ran, wanting to get as far as possible from Liz. She ran down the hall and went inside her daddy’s room. She closed and locked the door. She leaned on it as she caught her breath. Liz kicked the door opening, send Tess across the 20 feet room, landing in the bed. Liz ran in the room, faster than Tess’s naked eye could see. Liz jumped on top of Tess and tried to get her face as close as possible to Tess’s. Tess and Liz stopped to see David and Rick jump through window, almost as flying through the window. David and Rick look at Liz in surprise. They responses by turning themselves as white as a ghost. Tess screamed so more. Rick leaped at Liz, but Liz punched him making him fly back to David. Tess took her chance to escape and punched Liz, successfully getting Liz off the bed. Tess got up and got inside the bathroom. She looked back only to see Rick flying right at her. She slammed the door close and Rick, with little effort torn the door down. Rick only got to see a glimpse at Tess’s hair as she jumped the off the balcony. Tess yelled when she landed on the ground.

 

Rick headed for the balcony, but in a surprise, Liz wrapped her hands around his neck. She deepened her long claws into his neck and sliced his neck. Rick turned around. Blood was gushing out, some getting on Liz. David grabbed Liz by her hair and pull her, sending her with such force she torn the wall down, going into the other room. She gets ups and roars at David, giving him a warning, trembling a little in fear.  David ignored her warning, walked toward her. Liz scratched David ripping his abs. David gave out a high pitched yell and Liz couldn’t stand it. She covered her ear and dropped to the floor. She felt blooding coming out her ears. Tom suddenly came in and grabbed the door and torn it apart like paper. He swung the door; shutting up David the instant the door hit him. David looked at Tom, fear coming into his eyes. In a second, he disappeared from the scene. Tom looked at Liz wondering if she was okay. .

 

“Find Tess. You caught her smell. You should be able to track her down.” Tom said. She nodded and went looking for Tess.

 

Tess looked across the field. She knew she never make across with her injured ankle. She went back inside hoping to avoid those creatures, whatever they were. She quietly made her way inside to the kitchen, getting a knife for protection. She tuned in to hear whatever was going on. She didn’t hear anything. She turned around and she jumped when she saw Liz behind her. With adrenaline rushing through her veins, she plunged the knife in Liz’s stomach. She didn’t know what she did until she saw what she did. She looked at Liz while she shivered at the ground. Liz in pain slowly stopped shaking until she lay completely still. Tess looked in horror at what she had done. She couldn’t accept she just killed someone. She went to run outside, until David appeared in front of her from nowhere. She yelled, frozen in fear wishing she still had the knife. David in a rush swung his arm heading right at Tess. Tess astonished in the amazing strength went up in the air crashing above the dining room table. She looked up, knowing she had nowhere to run nor hide she begged.

 

“Please, I’m begging you, don’t kill me.”

 

“Foolish human being, I am not going to kill you”

 

“Then why are you people attacking me?”

 

“We’re not attacking you. You’re trying to recruit you.”

 

“What do you mean? Recruit me for what?”

 

“For the war that is coming soon.” He replied. “You are vital for us winning”

 

“I don’t understand. How could I be important?” Tess got off the table.

 

“You are different. All of us can smell it.”

 

“You can smell me?”

 

“That’s how we know who’s who. Also, I can smell who is stronger than others. I don’t recruit weak people. That’s how all of us are going to win”

 

“Who’s all of us? What are you freaks?”

 

“We are the ones to win. Those who go against us are fools.”

 

“Who’s going against you?

 

“Those you attacked you. You see, we live in the underworld. Our population has gotten too big for us to live. So we came up here to this earth to dominate. Of course, those who attacked you also are trying to dominate this world.”

 

“Dominate, but we live here. This is our home. You can’t just kill us.”

 

“We don’t plan to kill all of you. We can’t come up in this world without your bodies. I have claimed a lot of souls in the underworld and will spread all of them through the human population. And then there is you. You are different. When I recruit you, you will become one of us and will be one of the most powerful.” Tess ran out the back door. Once she opened the door, David was there.

 

“How did you do that?”

 

“It’s just one of our abilities.”

 

“It doesn’t matter what your abilities are. All of you can die.”

 

“Only things that can kill us, is our enemies.”

“I just killed Liz”

 

“You didn’t kill her. It’s like you knocked her unconscious for a couple of hours. She’ll wake up in soon. It’s time.”

David reached out for Tess. Tess slammed the door on David’s arm. She raced to the front door and saw Tom.

 

“Thank god you’re here. There’s a freak in…” Tom grabbed Tess and he turned into his true form. He looked just like Liz. Tess screamed and tried to pull away, but Tom was gripping her tight. David teleported behind Tom and grabbed him. Tom let go of Tess in a surprise. David twisted Tom’s arm, dislocating out of place, a large popping sound was heard. Tom fought back and kicked him. Tess stared in amazement as David ascended into the sky and flew into the solid ground about 5 miles away. Tom’s armed quickly healed back in place. While David got up, Tom was next to him in a few seconds. Tom pushed David against the ground. He punched David as the impact of the punch was so big that dust rose from the ground.

 

Tess saw her chance to escape and took it. She ran as fast as her injured leg allowed her to. She leaned on the boat house as she caught her breath. She went inside and started the boat. She took off and went across the lake.

 

Tom let loose another punch, but David caught it. He twisted and crushed his hand. Tom stepped backwards off of David. He held his hand firmly and waited for it to heal. Once healed, he looked up to look for David, but he was nowhere to be seen. Tom took a hit from the back, not knowing what hit him. He looked back and saw David with a tree trunk in his two hands. David swung the truck again, hitting Tom again knocking the lights out of him. He raised the truck to smash Tom, but Liz threw a door straight at him making the trunk fall besides Tom. David looked at Tom and Liz. He knew he couldn’t go against the both of them. Again he disappeared.



© 2010 Rogelio Chavez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

A few errors but nothing you won't catch on a second read. The story is moving along well and you are giving us only what we need to know and giving nothing away. Very nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


the is a great story i have to rate this

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rogellio I am a poet but I am not qualified to rate a story I don't write them because I cant I cant keep my thoughts together for any period of time.It is the reason I write poetry I cant write stories lol
tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonder what is really going on here. You've created a bit of mystery. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the action, the power, the mystery, very good job. The charaters are all very realistic, keep working!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A lot of action in this, great characters and mystery. You have a really good beginning on this story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Powerful imagery and characters! Continue to develop and work in their lives to bring them to full clarity for us. Excellent beginnings...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pretty good

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tell me what you think.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2010
Last Updated on March 27, 2010


Author

Rogelio Chavez
Rogelio Chavez

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I am a guy who like to write and read stories. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rogelio Chavez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Missing Him Missing Him

A Poem by Manda


Game Of Love Game Of Love

A Poem by Manda


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Levioshock


Jake Jake

A Poem by Manda