A Devil's deed

A Devil's deed

A Story by Asher Khan
"

A boy named Matt, who doesn't believe in the supernatural is dared to spend a night in a haunted mansion. Afraid of being thought of as a coward, he accepts.

"













A Devil's Deed

By:

Asher Khan



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

"If it's a rainy day,

And you need a place to stay,

Then walk along the way!

For the Li Ved Le Toh awaits!"

 

Matt watched as the ink slowly trickled down the thin wood, the dark black losing its pure colour to the heavy rain.

"Let's just get this over with…" Matt grumbled, kicking at the nearest pebbles to him. "I had to take the stupid dare" he said, regretting his decision already. "Stupid. Stupid!" he cursed at himself silently. "Why am I here anyways?" he asked himself looking back at the previous events of this afternoon.

And he was never to be seen again" Josh ended, in little more than a whisper.

"Shiiiiit" Robert paused, "What did his parents do?" he questioned.

"They-" he stopped, Matt grunted.

"What?" Jordan demanded.

"Nothing" He chuckled. "Nothing at all"

"Oh right, there is no such thing as the supernatural" he said in a mimicking tone.

"There isn't" he replied back calmly.

"If you're so sure, why don't you spend the rest of the night over there? He said sneering.

"Where?" he said.

"There" he pointed towards the mansion, silently sitting, stalking.

"Fine, I will."

"Fine" Matt paused, "Wait…. ” he paused again “Now?"

"Yes now" he mocked, "or, is little Matt too scared?" He teased.

"Fine…" He paused, "just let me go get my sleeping bags, and some food."

"Heh, you might want to bring a torch as well." Jordan snickered.                               

Matt just pushed the comment aside, but something deep down told him that he probably should have.

*

 

Matt dragged his feet up the hill, looking up at the black gates which loomed above him in amazement; there appeared to be large letters, inscribed into the gate, which read: "δια™όλου ξενοδοχείο". As Matt gradually pushed at the unmoving gates, he peered to his side, looking for any signs of life, but all he could see was dead grass, and vines engulfing the massive mansion. He started to walk up to the mansion- but stopped, something about it seemed almost intangible. The mansion wasn’t like any other abandoned ones you would see, this one’s was not old-fashioned, nor was it full of dull colours, it was a modern building, yet there was still something mysterious about it.

He approached again, but this time more slowly, and as he walked towards the dark grey stairs, he felt a feeling of uncertainty as he walked towards the dark grey stairs. Why should I even prove Jordan wrong? Matt thought, Maybe I should just leave.

“No” he said aloud, “That would just prove that I’m afraid” Who said Jordan should know? “That would mean I’m accepting that he’s right. No, I’ll just go, I mean, what’s there to be afraid of?” I’ll prove him wrong.

Matt walked sluggishly, forcing his legs to carry him across white, plain slabs and through the giant doorways that lay ahead of him. He looked around, slowly taking everything in: everything appeared to be in ruins; there were broken shards of glass scattered all across the floor; the remains of a disco-ball were hung up; litter all over the place, and wrecked tables, with fallen plastic cups. Matt guessed there had been a party here, and thought back to what Jordan had said:

“They held a party, and nearly all the people in the university came along, it was huge. The music kept nearly everyone awake, and there were also several complaints.”

Maybe part of the story is correct?  He thought. “Doesn’t necessarily mean that all of it is.” Matt said, currently unaware that he had been talking to himself this whole time.

“But during the party the host and a couple of his good friends headed off to explore the house. Eventually the party ended, and everyone was sent home, except for the few people who tagged along with the host himself, they were searched for, but were never found and after that people started deeming the house haunted. Ever since that incident, anyone who has entered the house has not lasted more than a few days- Vacationers, Tourists, Residents, you name it. They say that the host struck a deal with the devil, in return for his life-" Jordan came to a stop, when something flickered across his face,

"-and all that's left of the deed, is one. Last. Sacrifice" He rasped in a deeper tone.

"Good, good." A faint voice muttered.

 “Hello?” Matt jittered. He heard the beginnings of a conversation coming from the left, in a long corridor and so, plainly out of curiosity he stuck his ear against the wall, silently eavesdropping.

"So you say that you'll have the deed done soon?" a deep voice mumbled.

"Yes" a silent, empty voice replied.

"And what exactly do you mean by soon?" he asked.

"Soon master, Soon." It chanted.

"And so you continue to tell me." It said, as if it had been through this conversation a hundred times already.

I slowly opened the door, hardly making a sound, and I peered through the tiny gap that I had created.

"Master, today is the day; I feel that there's someone eavesdropping." It said calmly.

I froze. They knew I was there. I couldn't move, it was as if some higher power was controlling me.

 "I noticed long before, Isis, it appears your senses are dulling." He grimaced.

"Not to worry master, they'll return in a few hours' time."

"Indeed they will, Indeed they will." He grinned devilishly.

            *

© 2012 Asher Khan


Author's Note

Asher Khan
Ideas?
Comments?
Suggestions?
Criticisms?
Compliments?
Paste em all below :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I'll edit it too :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks, Sheepgang :D
But, keep in mind I'm only 13 :P

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012
Tags: Horror, Dare, Devil, Scary, Interesting

Author

Asher Khan
Asher Khan

Al Khobar, Idk, Saudi Arabia



About
I'm a 14 year old who's fairly interested in writing, however, my writing seems to be better when I'm describing a vivid dream, or scene in my head. more..

Writing