Saved By Words

Saved By Words

A Story by WriterGirl247247
"

Finding My Purpose

"
     Writing gives me purpose. Simple as that. We all strive to find our purpose in life, what we were born to do. Discovering it is one of the greatest challenges in life. The lucky few find it early in life, others won't until later. While some can go their entire lives without finding it. I am blessed to be named among the lucky.
     Naturally all children have big imaginations. Usually as we age it fades into the background, bogged down by reality. But mine only grew stronger. For years I used it to draw. I considered myself slightly above average- slightly- and enjoyed it. Yet I never saw myself becoming an artist. I didn't have the vision to create masterpieces or the talent to do comic strips. I didn't know what my future held, and even as a child it scared me.
     Until I was thirteen. I just finished with school, daydreaming as usual. I was doodling with a pad of paper. The sketches suddenly turned into words as a wrote out my daydream. After an hour I stopped to see what I created, and a light went off. A fire was lit inside me. I felt like I was breathing for the first time. It felt like I had finally woken up. I had found my purpose. I dropped the sketch book, picked up the notebook, and never looked back.
     I know now that I was meant to be a writer. The words I write are my blood, sweat, and tears. Writing is a part of my soul. And it's more than an escape. It's hopes, dreams, and goals that we can all share together. Words are not just words. To me, they are life.

© 2016 WriterGirl247247


Author's Note

WriterGirl247247
Please review and comment! And sorry for any mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keep on writing. You have great imagination and skill. I read a few of your stories and absolutely loved them. Looking forward to reading your on going books. Kudos, and keep on writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl247247

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! That means the world. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016
Tags: writing, inspiration

Author

WriterGirl247247
WriterGirl247247

About
Starting writer that is completely her first book. more..

Writing
Safe Safe

A Story by WriterGirl247247