Chapter Eleven: Steven

Chapter Eleven: Steven

A Chapter by Created to Write

When I finally come to, I groan in pain, my head throbbing and my back aching and everything hurting. The incessant knocking didn't help anything either.


"Steven! Steven, are you alright?" I heard Tyler's voice through the door, followed by some more knocking. "Steven, please, open the door! Tell me you're okay!"


I gave another groan of pain in response, then notice that the floor is wet. Wet and warm and sticky. My stomach hurts really bad, too. It feels like-


"Steven! Steven, please open the door!" Tyler said, probably having heard me.


I start to sit up, then cry out from a sudden pain in my stomach and lay back down, my eyes snapping open. What I see brings tears to my eyes. There's a piece of glass about the size of my palm sticking out of my stomach.


"Ty I... I don't think I can." I replied, my voice wavering.


"What do you mean? Open the door, okay, it's not funny!"


"I can't." I said, starting to cry, but that only made it hurt more.


I groaned in pain, setting my hand on my side. I need medical help, and now.


There were several loud thuds, and then Tyler's voice. "Steven, I can't open it, you have to."


I hesitated, then slowly dragged myself through the pieces of the broken toilet and mirror to lean against the wall next to the door, grunting and groaning with the effort. As soon as my back hit the wall, I whimpered in pain, then reached up with bloody fingers and turned the lock. Just reaching upwards hurt not only my stomach, but my side.


I looked down at my side, and not a moment later, Tyler came in, then stopped dead in his tracks.


"Steven! Are you alright? Come on, buddy, talk to me." He said, then lightly tapped my cheek when my eyes started to close.


He took the towel from my hands and peeled it away to look at the piece of broken mirror stuck deep into my side, then put it back and set my hand on top of it. I looked down at my foot and noticed something. Thank god I can't feel it, because I don't think feet bend that way. He must have noticed it too.


"Alright, come on, we need to get you out of here, and now." He said, sounding really worried.


He bent down to pick me up, but at the slightest touch my body screamed in protest. I closed my eyes, struggling to breathe against the the pain. My vision was going all wonky, too; every now and again the corners would go black and I'd see spots.


He put one arm underneath my legs and the other under my sore back, carrying me as if I was his bride. I could hear glass crunching underneath as he walked. I had no idea where we were going, nor did I particularly care at the time.


Every where I looked, all I saw was another dead person. The old lady, that cute flight attendant, the business men. All of them. Dead. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and just closed my eyes, letting my younger brother carry me to god knows where. I was completely out of it.


Suddenly, I felt him stop and lay me down on something warm, and when I opened my eyes, I realized I was on some stone, bathed in sunlight. The plane had been torn in half, and there was a huge gap that led right into the first class, the edge of the gap meeting the ground.


I saw another face, though it was a silhouette, then passed out from the pain and loss of blood.



© 2015 Created to Write


Author's Note

Created to Write
Silent Wolf's Chapter.

It makes me cry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Created to Write
Created to Write

NY



About
Random facts about me: ~ I'm a Christian (And growing in my faith) ~ My favorite colors are blue, silver, red, and purple. ~ I play the flute. ~ I'm a huge grammar and spelling nut. - I believe t.. more..

Writing
Details Details

A Chapter by Created to Write