Chapter Nineteen: Steven

Chapter Nineteen: Steven

A Chapter by Created to Write

I watch Diane for a minute, worried about her. I don't want her to feel bad, and I wish I could just take away her pain, but I can't. I close my eyes, trying to relax, but there's just so much pain and so much on my mind, and I feel so useless right about now. I shift slightly, grunting with effort, then feel another hand on my shoulder and look up to see Tyler. 
"I'm sorry, Ty." I whispered, resting my hand on my stomach. 

"Don't be." He replied, gently running his fingers through my hair. "It'll be alright. You'll be alright." 
"We don't have much food." Mariah said suddenly, and we both look over at her. "Somebody's going to have to go hunting soon. I'll do it if nobody else wants to." 
"I'll go with you." Tyler said, then looked back at me. "But, not until Steven's a little healthier." 
"Diane can stay with him and take care of him if it would make you feel better." She replied, sitting down and going through her bag. "We'll need all the food we can get, and we only have about a day's worth between the four of us." 
I close my eyes, starting to sweat, just wanting to curl up into a ball. It's not healthy to just lay here for days on end, but I can't really just get up and move around, now can I? I look over to where Diane was and see her fast asleep, then sigh, feeling a little better to see her relaxed a bit. 
"I'll be fine, Ty. Go hunt, we need food." I said, and just as I finished my thought, my stomach growled loudly, causing me more pain. When was the last time I ate something? 
He hesitated, then nodded and stood up. I think I'm going to be sick again, and I'm running another fever, but I don't want to tell Ty that. He's already got enough on his mind. I take the blanket he hands me and lay it out over myself, then close my eyes, hoping that a little sleep would help my condition. 


© 2015 Created to Write


Author's Note

Created to Write
Silent Wolf wrote this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Created to Write
Created to Write

NY



About
Random facts about me: ~ I'm a Christian (And growing in my faith) ~ My favorite colors are blue, silver, red, and purple. ~ I play the flute. ~ I'm a huge grammar and spelling nut. - I believe t.. more..

Writing
Details Details

A Chapter by Created to Write