Her

Her

A Poem by Alexzandera
"

An attempt to understand my feelings regarding Kavanaugh

"

lacy pink dresses turned

black sweatpants

sliding beneath hips

too afraid to protest

leaving Her imprisoned

in a place once called home

as darkness falls


and paralyzed by whistles

and calls

escaping the lips

of "boys who had been boys"

who grew into entitled men

fueled by the violent mixture

of toxic masculinity

and inflated ego


and with the profundity of life

reflected in irises of wisdom

intricacies passed on to innocence

left to cultivate a passion

a passion for Herself

a passion for others

a passion for society

and a passion hot enough

to ignite beneath the a*s of ignorance

and spark a revolution

© 2018 Alexzandera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a lot of PC "catch phrasings" that truly mean - what?

As for Kavanaugh - Guilty because you lived back then when the phrases were different? Guilty just because someone today says so - a lot of innocents were jailed on that one too throughout history (and even today - in any country you name). One lifelong standard of law - follow the money ...see where it leads and where it came from. Ask and listen - of all the victims neither drugged nor drunk - the level of detail they remember is pretty consistent.

Anyway, I agree to disagree ... but I have had a TS/SCI clearance and the attendant polygraphs and background checks (as Kavanaugh was required to have as well for the positions he held and the information he had to deal with on a daily and continuing basis). They talk to your grade school teachers, childhood neighbors, friends, schoolmates, high school and college and on and on. The Polygraphs deal with ANY questionable or illegal behaviors - and include alcohol, drugs, gambling, theft, any sort of addictions, and civil, social, and/or politically inappropriate behaviors. It is NOT a short process AND there are regularly scheduled update checks so long as you hold a clearance.

Whenever you deal with "political" imperatives or opinions look beneath the covers and still take it all with a grain of salt. Learn to ask questions for yourself, and find the right questions to ask. And there really are some very serious questions out here needing answers...

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Added on October 4, 2018
Last Updated on October 4, 2018

Author

Alexzandera
Alexzandera

Missoula, MT



About
Follow me on insta: @alexzandera.miller.poetry I'm a college student attending the University of Montana studying English and Spanish. I mainly write poetry, however I am (hardly) working on a fant.. more..

Writing
Z.K. Z.K.

A Poem by Alexzandera