That girl, Over there

That girl, Over there

A Story by WriterMe
"

Its easy to pass judgments about some without a clue who they really are...

"

See that girl? Yeah, that girl over there.  The tall, brown haired girl. Yes, that one. The one with the frizzy curly hair. The one with the slight blemish on her cheeks. That pale, tall girl who is always with a book. I heard she is socially awkward. I heard she preferred books to human company.  A complete book worm. Yes, that one. I heard she’s a loner.  She has no friends, and someone told me she doesn’t even want any. She has this weird accent, she swears is original. She has all these weird interests like Japanese comic books and stupid video games. Video games? Did you hear that? Ew, what is she? A boy? Might as well be one. She has the height of one anyway. She’s never gonna get a guy.  She’s just too quiet. She’s just too weird.

 

See that girl? Yeah, that girl over there. The tall, brown haired one. Yes, that one. The one with gorgeous straight and shiny hair. The one with white, flawless skin and rose tinted cheeks. I heard she never wears make up.  She always has her laptop with her. I heard she’s so friendly and nice. Everyone wants to be her best friend. I heard she loves to write. She must be really sensitive. She gets straight A’s all the time. She has so many friends or every clique. She has this really cute accent, which she got when she lived in another country, but it never went away. She has such versatile interests. She likes anime and video games. And she’s so hot so all the guys in school can’t help falling for her. She seems like the perfect girl. She’s so popular. She’s just too awesome.

Wait, a minute.

That girl?

Over there?

Well what do you know…. it’s the same one.

She must have had some serious surgery to look that good. What a freak. Who wants to look that good all the freaking time? God. I bet she’s still a weirdo. That accent? So annoying. And again, what is with those stupid Japanese comic books? What, she’s incapable of understanding English? Oh, I bet she pretends to like video games just to get guys into her. What a s**t. I bet she sleeps around. I bet she cheats on her test, that’s why she gets such grades. I think she pays nerds to do it for her. What a retard. She’s such a fake. She’s just too superficial.

Oh my god Crystal, that’s so awesome. You were able to read her so well.

Yeah, what can I say? It’s a god given talent to be able to detect such sneaks.

So what grade level is she in?

I am not sure…

Is she in your class?

No, not exactly….

Have you ever talked to her?

Umm…. not really…

What’s her name?

I don’t… know…

© 2011 WriterMe


Author's Note

WriterMe
I wrote this piece out of impulse. A small take on impressions and judgments we formulate of people without the slightest bit of knowledge of who they are. So the next time dear readers, you want to speak bad of someone or gossip about them.Think. Do you even know them? Or any part of their lives to be able to pass such comments, guilt free? Do you even know they as a person and what they are going through and how they feel, to be able to say such things?
Think twice. That's all I'm asking.
Thank you for reading =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Great visuals and great story telling. It had plot and substance. When you add substance to writing it gets that much better. It gets the reader hooked on it and make them feel as if they are part of it. As long as their is that emotional connection between the reader and the story then it's good. The connection you were able to established in the writing gives the reader a sense of comfortably that they are in tune with the writing. So that way when the writing is over, the reader wants more, and wishes it didn't end.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Interesting view on how we as a culture view people and judge them by what others say, this is a great story, because how many real ladies have been passed up by suitors just because of rumors spoke. and it is a good Perception on what we Americans do well, judge others with out getting to know them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well put, hits on a subject I unfortunatly identify with, school is the cruelest place in the world if your not one of the sheep.
That write could nearly do with being distributed in schools to highlight the potential ignorance of students, especially with the amount of children in schools now who are not native to that country, must be torture on them if they're alienated.
And for the kids who have their noses in books 24/7, don't change a thing, ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
aj
I think it is very good, and I can relate to it very much.
You use "that girl" and "that one" a lot, and it begins to become redundant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this story. It is very true, that we so often speak our assumption which are usually groundless, thereby spreading prejudice and rumours that are hurtful and damaging. Nicely stated in your writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes. This is good. I've found alot of stories, by completely different people, that all shed light on subjects like these. And I'm not going to lie, I've made quick judgements about people. But ya know, who hasn't? In the end, we all learn (or should learn) the same lesson: It freaking hurts! Not even a day after I made a judgment about someone, rumors about ME spread like wildfire. So, judging people is definetly bad.
What goes around, comes around.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this one too - same style, how each paragraph feeds into the next. I criticize popular beliefs and judgemental people in my writing a lot, so I think this does a great job of shining a light on human behavior. I see comments about kids in school, but it isn't any different with adults. Keep writing like this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW!! Very intriguing, alot more people should read this. This really hits the heart. It is horrible someone is bagered to the point they want to kill themself or think that anyway. People should really learn to stop picking on others it looks bad and feels bad. I once belonged in that position, I learn to ignore but there are sometimes when it gets hard to. Amazing write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. This portrays people, especially high schoolers and young adults, so well. I wish people would get to know someone before talking like this about them, you know? I can definitely relate to the girl being talked about; people think I'm weird because I spend lunch sitting in a corner reading or writing. This is excellent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well done! It feels like actually being at the school watching the cynical girl pick on the other girl in the corner. Very nicee!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2204 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011

Author

WriterMe
WriterMe

India



About
You know its funny how I have been on this site for nearly three years and never bothered to change the About me? And the funniest part if it all was how you read your before About me and smile at how.. more..

Writing
Closed Book Closed Book

A Poem by WriterMe


Inhibition Inhibition

A Story by WriterMe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Womb Snatchers Womb Snatchers

A Story by bba