chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by DRAGO
"

Shows the implied darker side of dwertwu, and That spark hasn't totaly bought (Not literaly) everything they tell her

"

Chapter 4 spark

“So, Spark, what is the greatest weapon?”


“Magic”, the response was almost automatic.


“And what,”droned teacher “is the mission of all dragons?”


“To take our rightful place” I drawled, picking at the soggy green beans on my plate “as rulers of this world”


“And our motto is?”


“Dragons feel no pain, dragons feel no emotion,” I couldn't help smiling ”but one day, dragons’ll discover lotion” teacher glared at me.


“That is not it, and you know it. So again I ask, what phrase should you live by?”


“... But one day, dragons will own all”


“And why is it our right?”


“We are dragons, superior in all aspects”


“Why must we fight?”


“Because the group of magic humans has the same goal”


“Why?” teacher said in an annoyed tone.


“Because they can use magic” and hoping not to get another prompt “but that is invalid because some dragons have magic, and the ones that do have much more power”


“Good” said teacher, signaling an end to the warm up, but the word was without complement. He might have just said “You suck at this. Go faster, and be more accurate”


“Alright” he said, pushing back his chair and grabbing his plate “The attic in an hour”

                                    * * * * *

I sat on my bed wondering what to do. Maybe I could play some of the video games teacher had taught me. He said they would make me more “normal”. Hey, I wasn’t complaining.

     * * * * *

“Boom” I smashed princes peach into the freezing cold ice waters of somewhere with penguins. This was fun, a game where you had to push people into the water! I could see the appeal.


“SPARK!” shouted an angry voice “You’re 5 minutes late,” and anticipating one of my usual replies “and don’t tell me the house takes time to get across” Sighing, I flipped the light switch, hurrying up to the attic. The door creaked open to reveal a large dusty, but cleared out room, illuminated by large bulbs serving as a centers point for a cloud of congregating bugs. On the floor were two matts, lying on the old wood stained with age, and a reddish color, the cause of which  I didn’t want to think about. “Today, you will get your first advanced combat training, for both human and dragon form. You will also learn strategy, how to go unnoticed, and how to manipulate people. You will be retested for magic, in case it shows up a second time.” No magic would show up. I knew because I was hiding my magic. I’d done it on an impulse, but if I had to give a reason, I’d say it was because of how much work the mages did, and what their magic was used for. I was jolted out of my thoughts by the sharp crack of teachers voice “You will also learn about magic,” he glared at me smugly “And I will be teaching it all” he said. If you could move your words, his would have come out with a flourish. ”Alright, let us get started”


“This is what you do Spark” making sure I was paying attention “if you can’t beat an enemy in hand to hand combat, or you need to do it quickly:” pausing for emphasis “You break their fingers”


“That’s horrible,” I shouted “You can’t expect me to do that.”


“Oh but I do. Most of the time you will not have to use it. And I would thank you” he said in a steely voice, “to not use contractions. Speak clearly. Without that, there is misunderstanding, and with misunderstanding is fighting” “Now, in what ways does this disable your opponent?”


“It disables them through pain, inability to act, and moral decline”

                    * * * * *

We worked on other fighting skills, most of which were horrible, cruel, and unneeded or all of the above, including: shooting, where to kick and punch, and many other “skills” before moving on to the other areas of my training. Several times I was told all areas of training were top secret, like I didn’t already know.







© 2016 DRAGO


Author's Note

DRAGO
please review/ comment, even if you don't read all of it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In the beginning, there is a missing quotation mark for the first dialogue. Also, there is a few missing commas in dialogues or misplaced commas. The format for dialogue is usually: "Word," said Person.
I like the use of dialogue to move action along, though just edit some of the format would be fine, if you don't mind.

Asides from that critique, I like how this story is turning out.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DRAGO

7 Years Ago

thanks and this is a space filler



Reviews

I love Spark's sassiness. "But one day, dragons'll discover lotion..." XD I also like the reference to Princess Peach crashing into the icy water. That's Sherbet Land, right? :) You've got an interesting story idea developing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DRAGO

7 Years Ago

did you know, the lotion thing was, at first, the only thing I could think of that rhymed. So I put .. read more
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

oh, and spark is just trying to push peach into the water. Why race when you can push people of an i.. read more
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

just another fact
In the beginning, there is a missing quotation mark for the first dialogue. Also, there is a few missing commas in dialogues or misplaced commas. The format for dialogue is usually: "Word," said Person.
I like the use of dialogue to move action along, though just edit some of the format would be fine, if you don't mind.

Asides from that critique, I like how this story is turning out.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DRAGO

7 Years Ago

thanks and this is a space filler
This is amazing work WriterOfNovels

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

Yes, I can't help but agree with you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 31, 2016
Tags: dragon book, chapter, dragon, amazing, cool, book, fiction, 4


Author

DRAGO
DRAGO

About
school is started, so I may not be on much that includes read requests I am changing my name to DRAGO if you have time please do and share this pole https://goo.gl/WP4ztm I'm awesome, I .. more..

Writing
Grave revenge Grave revenge

A Screenplay by DRAGO


screams screams

A Poem by DRAGO