Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Nature Child

Nature Child

A Story by Ilana

Dropplets of mother nature's weeping spill onto the youngling's head. 
He considers the dropplets a burden and carries on with his day. 
The dropplets recess faster and with immense pride. 
Stroking the cheeks of the younglings faces running about. 
Now falling onto the woodchips as if being pulled by a mighty magnet, the dropplets rush and surge into the deepest corners of the structure. 
The younglings rush under a strong covering, as the dropplets have greatly grazed their cotton-covered backs. 
One youngling purely stands under nature's howling. 
She holds out her hands as if she were begging for nourishment. 
She closes her eyes and kneels to the beautifully decorative soaked chips. 
The younglings watch her from the spot covered, as nature was too powerful for them and nature has picked her choice. 
The girl crouches down, into what seems like a ball and lays, understanding the power. 
She and mother nature at this time, become one. 
Nature has picked this youngling as her 
Nature Child. 

© 2016 Ilana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This feels as though it might be the introduction to a book, perhaps about a Nature Child chosen by Mother Nature in the modern world. Or perhaps it has me feeling fanciful to make such a bold statement!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ilana

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. That means so much to me. Thank you for giving me such an idea! You know, I might.. read more
Shannon

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome. Make sure to send a read request if you post something like that...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016

Author

Ilana
Ilana

CA



About
Well hello there, fellow writer, I have always been a lover of writing since I was a little kid. I have trouble speaking with my mouth, so using my pencil and paper lets me communicate my thoughts out.. more..

Writing
Rhythm Rhythm

A Poem by Ilana


That Person That Person

A Poem by Ilana