Free write

Free write

A Story by Hannah Jocks
"

This is a free write story where I just start with a sentence and branch off from there with no thinking just doing. Writing comes naturally to me. I just start with an interesting sentence and WRITE!

"

The wind whistles in her ear, and gentley brushes her badly burnt neck relieving some pain. Although she shivers at every bitter cold breeze, she craves the tingling comfort it provdes for her skin. With no where to go, nothing to do for her burns she decides to shrivle up into a ball beside a shrub and attemp to sleep. She slowly gets into her position and feels discomfort. Everything burns, everythings blurred and her hope of living the life she once believed she could live has completely died. It's a wonder she hasnt attemped killing herself yet. Her thoughts go wild but actions never follow.

 

The girl, about age fourteen  begins to pray to God asking, begging for his help. After her prayer, nothing happens and again her hope of life dies. Eventually, she decides to cover herself in the cold dirt to occupy herself as well as make the constant aching burns diminish. As she picks up handfuls of the bitter cold dirt and plops it on every burnt part of her body she sings a high pitched melody that has been in her head for a while now. Her mind travels to every part of memory it could possibly travel and by the time she's finished applying her dirt, she is weaping about the sad memories she just recalled.

 

Her name, is Mindy. However, no one refers to her as Mindy, they call her "it". She hasn't seen a human in three weeks.

 

Her mind goes crazy and rewinds to the beginning of this horific story....      

 

To be continued....

 

© 2012 Hannah Jocks


Author's Note

Hannah Jocks
Please ignore grammar, spelling and punctuation

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it made me feel so sad ,but i wish at the end they"ll be much hope . lets wait .

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hannah Jocks

11 Years Ago

I'm debating whether I should finish it or not. Im leaning more towards finishing it.
I'm starting mine.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hannah Jocks

11 Years Ago

Awesome(: I'm so excited!! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

Author

Hannah Jocks
Hannah Jocks

NY



About
K, My name is Hannah I'm 14 and I love to write mostly stories, books, and scripts but I am working on getting better with poetry. My favorite genres are Mystery, thriller, adventure and I LOVE twi.. more..

Writing
unnamed unnamed

A Screenplay by Hannah Jocks