Unexpected Summons

Unexpected Summons

A Chapter by Wulf
"

Aeran Wulfsbane Pierce is a knight, one of the best, He wakes up and finds a surprise waiting for him.

"

I partially opened my eyes, my vision blurred. I continued to lay there staring up at the swirling and blending colors. Letting out a weary groan, I threw my arm across my eyes, shielding myself from the colors and light. After a few moments, I lifted my arm from my eyes and peered out as my sight slowly faded in.

 

 I sat myself up, glancing around the room. The room itself was a good size, not too small yet it wasn't large. The floor was barren with the exception of the chainmail that lay next to the bed, with a sword laying neatly across it. On the wall opposite from the bed was the door leaving this room, On the left wall was a window, curtains were closed but sunlight still came through. On the right was two doors, one a closet and the other a bathroom.

 

 I pulled myself from the bed and walked across the room to the bathroom door. I opened the door and entered the room, turning to the sink, I turned the knob allowing a jet of cold water to rush out of the faucet. I cupped my hands and filled them with water and splashed it onto my face. I repeated it many times before  turning the water off and glancing into the mirror.

 

 Icy blue eyes gazed back at me, attached to a face that was young  yet hardend by time and experience. Messy dirty blonde hair slightly fell down to the eyes and farther below the eyes was a nose, which was slanted just slightly and just big enough to compliment the rest of his features. Stubble littered his chin, giving a much older appearence then what was true. His shoulders were broad making him look strong and steady. His arms and chest were muscular, and he was exactly 6 foot. The thing that stood out the most were the scars that marred his chest, yet some how  they fit on him.

 

 I tore my gaze  from the figure in the mirror and exited the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I strode over to the closet, pulling out a white shirt and pulling  it on before walking over to the bed and picking up the sword, setting it on the bed and sliding on the chainmail. After reaching down and fixing the sword into place on my side, I walked over to the door, opening it and exited the room. Closing the door, I walked down the stairs to the first floor of my house.

 

 I sat down on the couch and pulled on my boots but before I could do anything there were three sharp sounds from the door. "Who is it?!" I yelled out, tying my shoes. In response came a partially squeaky voice "It is I, the kings messenger".  Getting up, I wondered what he could possible want. I gave a half shrug to myself and opened the door.

 

 He was an average sized man, dressed in real fancy clothing that gave him a peculiar look, I snickered  at the bizarre sight. The man who obviously was not paying attention, spoke again "Sir W-wulfsbane, the king r-r-requests your audience." He spoke fast, stumbling over words, Then he reached into his pocket and thrust an envelope into my hand.Looking down I reconized the summons paper, marked with the royal seal.



© 2016 Wulf


Author's Note

Wulf
Tell me what you think.Be honest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on December 6, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: Fantasy


Author

Wulf
Wulf

Kent, WA



About
So Im a 21 year old Male My name is Tyler My hobbies include Writing stories and poetry, hanging out with friends, breakdancing,Having fun I love to talk to others and I also have a huge imaginatio.. more..

Writing
Pained Love II Pained Love II

A Poem by Wulf


Pained Love Pained Love

A Poem by Wulf


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Wulf