Wrong about being wrong

Wrong about being wrong

A Story by Waltz Wharton
"

well, you can't always be right. And moreover you can be your worst enemy.

"

So I used to have this really bad habit (ps. I still do), of not giving up; even when I was wrong. Let's see, I think the appropriate word would be rock-hard-indomitability. Basically stubbornness. For example a time I can remember, and am willing to admit, would be…


When I was I would say, maybe 11, I had (not really) to come out to my father. It was an awkward time, I’ll admit. I was looking up things like, what to do if you get kicked out. What to say. How to recover from life long shame, ext ext. Although I had a support group, I would always tell them, “nah, you guys are just trying to make things easy, do you know how many results come up for coming out of the closet (hint, about 71,000,000 in 0.53 seconds), and do you know how many reports say bad things. So yeah, no it can't go smoothly.”


And my support group where all saying, “yeah it's cool man, chill, if anyone would be fine with it it's going to be your dad.”


So I procrastinated (a very good tactic to use when you don't really want to make up your mind). And procrastinated. And procrastinated, and procrastinated.


I think maybe I was figuring out that maybe one day I would just accidentally come out of the closet,  and “boom” no more need to actually tell my dad. Well, I guess That didn't happen.


Well long story short I think my dad had known for who knows how long, and well everything went fine. And guess what, NO ETERNAL SHAME!


So I guess my story is,”well, you can't always be right. And moreover you can be your worst enemy.”

© 2015 Waltz Wharton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Waltz Wharton
Waltz Wharton

Upper Arlington, OH



About
A young leader, who is social and hard working. A person who is not defined by his past, but by his future. A person not aimed at writing his past, but forming his future. A young man who looks up to.. more..

Writing