Bound by Forever(2)

Bound by Forever(2)

A Chapter by Tori
"

This one is in the girl's POV.

"

I didn't know there was such thing as perfection until I met him. He had been right under my nose for so many years, but still, he was hidden from me. And even though I was not one of his own, he still accepted me, he still loved me. How could someone be there for you, no matter what their going through? How do they do it? How?

 

"What the hell are they doing!"

"Now, Crysta, I tried to tell you, but I was afraid you'ld do something crazy."

"Like what? Go up there and cuse them out? I'm fixin to right now!"

"Please, Crysta, don't!" my mother pleaded, trying to stop me from making a fool of her.

"I told you, my name is Criss!" I shouted, my blood begining to boil. I had made it very clear to the family that I was to not be called by name, but by Criss. I felt my forehead grow hotter with each thump of the axe. I jerked my arm free from my mother's grip and stomped across the small backroad street. I approached the man with the large axe and grabbed the handle, preventing him from delivering the final blow on an old oak tree."What do you think you're doing?" I demanded.

He looked bewildered, but then he shook it aside and became serious. "I'm sorry miss, but you can't be up here, this is a construction site."

"You didn't answer my question." I tightened my hold on the handle. "What do you think you're doing?"

"My job, miss. I would appreciate it if you let go of the axe miss, it's very sharp," he mumbled, obviously annoyed by my disobedience. 

"Don't call me miss, it's ma'am! And I'll let go if you promise not to cut down another tree!"

"I can't do that mi-uh, ma'am. It's my job," he said, attempting to jerk the axe from my hand. It stayed in place. 

"I'm stronger than I look," I warned. He just rolled his eyes and jerked with only half the force I knew the brute had. Still, the axe reamined in place. "This is my grandmother's land, these are her woods! You're not gonna destroy them."

"Oh I'm not, am I?" he mocked.

"No, you're not!" I screeched. He only laughed. That only made me even angrier. About that time, my mom walked up.

"Criss, please! Let the man get back to work!" she huffed. A slight anger was begining to build in her voice, but I ignored it.

"You heard mommy, you better go and play. This is a job for the big kids," the man teased. "Besides, maybe you're new friends will let you play in their yard." He pushed it to far. I felt the thread of my sanity snap, sending me into a blind rage.

"LISTEN HERE YOU B*****D! I DON'T GIVE A S**T WHAT THEIR PAYING YOU, BUT YOU HAD BETTER-"

My mom cut me off by placing here hand against my mouth. She was a very gentle person, so I didn't have to worry about her hurting me...I just had to worry about me hurting her.  She continued to apoplogize to the man-who was glowing with satisfaction at being claimed victor of our little match. Once we were back in our yard, my mom let me go.

"Momma, why didn't you tell me that they were cutting everything down! I used to play in those woods!" I cried.

"I know, so did I. But we have to be nice to these people. They bought the land off of Momma, and she got some good money for it!" she said, trying to get me to look at her. I kept my head turned away. "Listen, Criss. I know you're upset. And, you're right, I should've told you. But Momma still has the hundred acres behind the house. You can play back there like you used to do." I lowered my head, but didn't argue. She was right. We all lived on one big dirt road, so there was at least a hundred acres to roam on. I was still upset over the idea of having people move across the street and use up a full six acres of land for a backyard, but I would get over it...maybe. "Please Criss, be nice to them. They'll be moving in next week, so try to be neighborly. These people are from up north somewhere, so I'm gonna trust you to show them the ropes around here."

"Great," I mumbled under my breath."Yankees."

My mom only smiled. "That's my girl," she soothed.

After a long hug and a kiss on the cheek, mom went inside our well-sized double wide. Once she was gone, I let the corners of my mouth tilt into a wicked smile. "Alright then, I'll show them how neigborly I can be. This will be a greeting they'll never forget."



© 2009 Tori


Author's Note

Tori
please ignore grammar and spelling and other slight mistakes. Thank-you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wouldn't like the forest being cut down either. Especially if I were a Wolf. Good writing. Very interesting.

Tina



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2009
Last Updated on May 22, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori