Bound by Forever(14)

Bound by Forever(14)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Aydean and Criss find themselves in a whirlwind of emotions as their two worlds slowly collide. What is in store for these two next?

"

Our love was secret, classified, unknown to anyone other than us. And that was the way it was supposed to remain. But even once the secret was out, he didn't care what happened to him. He continued to be there for me, to comfort me and hold me close. And for that I owed him everything. I owed him him my love. That was one reward, he graciously accepted.

 

Criss's POV......

 

For the next seven or eight days, Aydean would mysteriously appear at diffrent moments. They were all when I was by myself. We would sit around and talk about our likes and dislikes, our favorite movies, foods, books, sports, ect. We had tried to be more exclusive because of our near sighting/run-in with Kodi. Thank the lord above he hadn't seen us run inot the little cav thing on the bank of the creek. We had barely escaped unnoticed. Everytime we met, It was either by the road when nobody was around, or it was out in the woods-I had decided to forget asking him about how he got out here, our how he knew was here, because everytime I asked, I never got an answer- whenever I was checking Dad's huntin' camera he had set up. It was built to take pictures of any wildlife that passed by the motion sensor.  One day, When Aydean had popped up and it had gotten dark, we walked along the creek and finally came to a stop on the small island Where my knife had been thrown into the water.

We both took a seat as the sun began to set. We sat in silence and watched the water run by.

"Criss," he said uneasily.

"Yeah?"

"Um. I uh...got you something. A present," he said, digging around in his pocket. Triumphant in his search, he placed a small box wrapped in blue paper in my lap.

"For what?" I asked, turning the box from side to side so I could examine it.

"Cause I know you'll like it," he said slyly.

"Oh do you? Well...I'll be the judge of that!" I peeled off the paper and opened the box. A small,tin case with a fancy 'W' carved on the lid was lying perfectly inside. I knew what it was immediatley.  "Oh Aydean! You didn't have to do this! I mean it's-Oh my god! I can't believe you did this!" I said estaticlly.

He chuckled. "Well, the actual present is inside the tin box."

I flung open the lid and gasped. A life like drawing of NightCrawler-from X-men- was painted on the handle of a folded up switch blade. I pulled out the knife and flipped it open. The blade was sharp and clean. I swung it around and jabbed the air, giggling like a stupid little girl the entire time. 

"Whoa, whoa! Careful with that. I don't feel like getting stabbed today!" he laughed.

"I'm sorry, I just-thank you!" I said, closing the knife and slipping it into my pocket. I felt whole again. "How did you know NightCrawler was my favorite character?" 

"You told me, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I do. I'm sorry. Thank you, so very much," I said smiling. Suddenly, A thoguht occured to me. My  smile dissapered and was replaced with a scowl. "D****t! Now I have to buy you something!"

"No, I'd feel better if you didn't!" he objected.

"Too late!" I said happily. "I'm not one to get a gift and not give the giver something back."

"You are so damn stubborn," he said, throwing a rock into the creek.

"Thanks."

"Not a compliment."

We sat there for a minute and watched an unsuspecting fawn edge over to the creek and take a sip of water. Then it flicked it's ears and took off through the forest.

"Can we meet here again tomorrow? Same time?" Aydean asked.

I was both shocked and thrilled. "Um...You know you don't need my permission. You would just show up anyway."

"Okay. I'll take that as a yes."

"It's a yes."

"Good. Then it's a date."

"A what- now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A date. You know, a social engagment, appointment, or occasion beforehand with another person. Why? What did you think it was?"

I bit my lip. "It's a date."

He grinned."Wonderful. Well!" he said, standing up. "I bid you a solemn goodbye!"

Before I could say anything, he was already gone. "See ya around," I whispered to the darkness.

The next day,as the sun began setting, I felt my heart race. It's almost time! I thought happily. Believe it or not, I had choosen somethingform the left side of my closet. It was a burgundy tank-top with a satin ribbon in the back of the shirt that wrapped around the stomach that tied in the back to keep the shirt sort-of tight. Islipped ona pair of brown sneakers and fxed my hair up. I pulled a strand of hair down on either side of my face. I fingered the knife in my pocket and then rushed to the door.

"Oh Criss, Good. Can you run to town with me and help me find a new grill? Dad wanted me to grab one and I'm not very good at bargaining. Besides, I'm gonna need your muscle to help me life it and a couple of bags into the back of the truck," Kodi said, grabbing hi keys off the hook on the wall. 

"What about Tristen?" I aksed, looking over his shoulders.

"He went with dad to buy som sparklers for the Fourth, That's why we need a new grill. Were gonna have a cook-out this year instead of eatin sandwhiches on the park. You don't have plans, do ya?"

"Um, no! Of course not!" I said hurridley. "Let's go! You know I hate going into town."

Once we got back, it had already gotten dark and the moon was high in the sky. I managed to slip away from Kodi and the others and make my way into the woods. I peeked around a tree. Aydean was already there, talking to himself.

"So..um...yeah. So uh, Criss, I was wondering if you-no. Um, If I asked would you- No. Um, Criss...May I ask you -GAH! It sounds so stupid!" he cried. He buried his face in his hands and sat down.

What are you doing, boy? I grinned silently.

"I thought it sounded pretty good," I snickered, walking out from behind the tree.

He jumped to his feet and looked at me with wide eyes. "Wow....Oh um, Criss! Hi, I was just um, ya know just..."

"Mmm-hmm?" I smirked. I nodded and waited for his excuse.

He sighed and looked at me with an expression of defeat. "How much of that did you hear?"

"Enough to know you want to ask me something," I said.

I felt my cheeks flush.

"Oh.Yeah, um. Maybe once I know how to say it without sounding like a fool," he said sheepishly.

"Alright, whatever," I said, sitting down. "Let's sit down!"

"Okay," he muttered, taking a seat next to me.

I looked at him without saying a word. What are you gonna ask me, Aydean? I can't handle suspense. I have to know! I would soon find out.

 

Aydean's POV.....

 

I looked over at Criss. The moonlight reflected from the water shone agianst her skin. She shuddered and gave herself a hug. I suddenly wished I was inside those arms.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"Sort-a-kinda. But not really. I don't know," she muttered.

I held my breath and prepared to get slapped across the face. Well, with her, I was most likley going to get punched.

"Well, just in case..." I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and waited for the worst.

she looked over at me, not smiling, not frowning. I wasn't sure how to describe her expression. I guess it was close to concentration. She realesed herself from her hug and-much, much, much to my surprise-scooted closer to me. I hadn't perpared myself for this.

"Criss?"

"Yes?"

"What's your real name?"

She paused.

"Is that what you were going to ask me?" she said sadly.

"Of course not. But I would like to know."

"You'll laugh."

"No, I won't. I promise," I said, pulling her even closer to me.

She sighed. "It's Crysta."

"It's a beautiful name. It fits you," I said smiling.

"Whatever."

We sat there in silence for a moment.  A coyote howled in the distance. Criss sighed.

"Are you scared?" I asked, hoping she would say yes so I could comfort her.

"Hmm?Oh no. I was just thinking," she murmured.

"About what?"

"Nothing, it's no big dea."

Another two or three minutes of akward silence.

"So if you're not afraid of Coyotes, then what are you afraid of?" I questioned.

"I'm afraid of a lot of things," she admitted. "Everyone who doesn't know me thinks I'm fearless."

I opened my mouth to speak but quickly shut it.

"Dumbasses," she chuckled.

"Then tell me everything you are afraid of," I said, not actually expecting her to do it.

"Why do you want to know?" she snapped, pulling away from me. "What are you gonna do? Be nice to me, earn my trust, and then once I trust you, you'll use what I told you to scare me? Not gonna happen."

"No. I don't want to scare you," I assured.

"Then why do wanna know?" she demanded.

My arm returned to it's place around her shoulders. Her skin felt so warm and soft. I was thrilled she had worn a tank-top tonight, even though it probably made her uncomfortable.

"So I can protect you," I whispered.

She tensed up for a second and then relaxed and placed her head on my shoulder. It took me a minute to realize I was holding my breath.

So, will you tell me?"

She sighed. "I reckon." I still hadn't gotten over her adorable southern accent. "Killing someone, losing my family or friends,sharks, upsetting my parents, heights-even though I do love climbing and being as high up as possible-another brokenheart-"

Did she say, another? What happened t you, you poor girl?

"and living fo-" she cut herself off.

"Living Fo?" I asked.

"It's crazy. Realy stupid," she said, lowering her voice.

"Trust me, it can't be crazier than my life," I said truthfully.

"Well...alright. I'm afraid of living forever," she sighed.

 She was afraid of living forever? Why? I had always thought that being able to live forever would be awesome.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just the thought of living forever while your family and loved ones die."

"I...I never thought about it that way," I admitted.

She looked at the ground. "No one ever does. They only see the bright side to it. Living forever causes more pain than it heals."

I just stared at her. She looked so upset, but I didn't know what to do.

"What are you afraid of, Aydean?" she asked.

I knew exactly what terrified me the most. But I couldn't admit it, espically not to her.

"Losing my family. My mother, my father." A part of that was a truth, but most of it was a cold-hard lie.

"Criss, What was your dream as a child?" I asked.

"My dream?" she chuckled. I could already see the smile on her face."We'll, I'm crazy about wolves so-"

"What?" I said blankly. Terror and joy were stirring inside me, ready to explode and destroy me completley. What is wrong with you? Why do you make this so hard? 

"Yeah, I know it's crazy. But I'm like, freakin in love with wolves, werewolves, lycans, whatever you want to call them. I've always found the idea of a wolf transforming into a human amazing...beautiful."

"I thought the human turned into a wolf."

"Well, it would appear that way considering the wolf is normally in human-skin, but wolves were around before humans, so it's not a hard argument."

"Wow. You must know a lot about wolves," I said. Terror was slwoly being replaced by amazement. This girl didn't find wolves savage beasts...no. She thought of my kind as a beautiful race. And we were.

"Not really," she said modestly.

"So...about the dream?"

"Of yeah! Well, I have always been crazy about wolves, so when I was little, my dream was to marry a wolf, then transform into one so we could start a pack!" she smiled and stared up the sky with a hopeful look on her face.

"What's stopping you?" I asked bitterly. What, you want me to propose or something?

"The solemn fact that you can't become a werewolf unless you are born as one. You are either born a werewolf, or your not."

"If you were a wolf what would you want to look like?"

"I would be silver...metallic, shining silver like the wolf I saw before and-" she bit her lip.

She still thinks about me!! It may have been my wolf shape, but still! ME!! I knew this wasn't good, because it could expose werewolves, but I didn't care.

"What wolf? When did you see it?" I asked hurridley.

"Nevermind, I can't remeber."

I knew she remebered, she didn't want to talk about it. She thought no one else knew other than her and the boy. well, of course the wolf was going to know.

"But the wolf!" she cheered. Her entire face was glowing. She reminded me of a child beaming over a new toy. "It was beautiful, amazing, graceful, elegant, spectacular, beautiful-wait, I said beautiful...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! And it's eyes...oh, it's eyes! They were sterling silver and-"

"Criss?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. I got carried away," she giggled.

"No, it's not that," I said, holding her tighter.

She looked up at me with curious eyes. "Then what is it?"

"This," I whispered, leaning in closer until our lips were joined together in an explosion of long awaited desire and bliss.

 

 Criss's POV........

 

I wasn't sure what to do. Here I was, sitting in the middle of the woods, at night, beside a creek, kissing a strange boy I knew nothing about. Suddenly, my heart began beating faster...and not in the good way. A mental picture of the wolf appered in my mind, followed by the mangaled body of a boy with a knife sticking out of his heart. The boy's eyes were wide, terrified, lifeless. They were staring at me, but seeing nothing. A trickle of blood rolled from his mouth and down his chin. 

I jerked open my eyes and stared into the feiry eyes of Tristen. Terror gripped me tightly, not wanting to let go. I pushed away from the kiss and bega panicking.

"Criss? Criss what's wrong?" Tristen asked seductivley, reaching out for my hand. 

"NO!" I screamed." DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

"Where's wolfie? I don't see big brother around...you know what that means," he smirked.

"NO, NO, NO!! I won't! GO AWAY! Leave me alone!"

"You better be quite, you little w***e. I've killed before, and I'll do it again," Tristen murmured. Then, he wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear. "Shhh...It's okay. Everything is going to be alright."

I struck Tristen as hard as I could against the jaw. He let out a cry of pain and realesed me. I got him! I got him! I opened my eyes and looked over at the body lying on the ground. Aydean sat up, rubbing his jaw.

"Aydean! Holy s**t! I'm so sorry! I thought you were Tristen!" I cried. I fell to the ground and began freaking out.

He sat up and wrapped his arms around me...agian. "It's okay, It's okay. Shhh. Just calm down. I'm here, I won't let him hurt you," he soothed, stroking my hair and rocking back and fourth. I felt like such a pathetic baby.

"I'm fine," I objected to his comfort. "I'm sorry for hittin you." I gave him a long, soft kiss on the lips.

Kissing Aydean was diffrent then kissing Tristen. Aydean's were soft, and kind. He didn't use force. Tristen, on the otherhand, was aggresive and demanding. 

Once the kiss ended, I just stared at him. He smiled.

"I love the way you apologize. You need to be sorry more often," he grinned, propping his forehead against mine.

"It's late. I should be getting home," I said. I hated myself for saying it but it was true. My phone had read 3:43 AM.

"You're right. Will you allow me to escort you?" He stood up and bowed. I also stood and took his hand.

  Before I walked up the front porch, I made sure Aydean got a goodnight kiss. He seemed to think he desereved one as well.

"When will I see you again?" I asked, hoping it was soon.

"I don't know, but I promise it won't be too long," he answered, giving my hand one last kiss before letting go. "Goodnight Crysta," he called as he dissapeared into the shadows.

Call me crazy, psycho, looney, cukoo, or whatever, but I loved the way he said my real name.

"Wjat are you doing to me, Aydean?" I whispered into the darkness. I slipped inside and hurried to my room, ready for the next day to arrive.

  

 

 

 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent chapter. You have a really great way
of writing and keeping the story interesting.

Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 5, 2009
Last Updated on July 5, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori