Bound by Forever(20)

Bound by Forever(20)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Aydean is forced to choose between the love of his life, and his brothers/pack. Sucky mess, huh? Yeah. Glad it's not me in that position. But.....What is he doing? What is he going to tell Criss? I'm sure you know...but still!!!

"

Not being with him was like not breathing. I could only take so much before I started to crave it. I needed him like I needed air. It was the worst form of torture I had ever expirenced. I would take death over losing him. Death was quick and easy, losing him....I had to live through. Each beat of my heart left another scar. Love is a cruel game.

 

Aydean's POV................................

 

Her eyes held fear whenever I stroked her cheek with my fingers. She knew something was about to happen. She knew it wasn't going to be good.

It was so hard. Not telling her....and telling her. They both seemed impossible at the moment.  If I didn't tell her, I would lose my brothers. If I did tell her, I would lose her! Losing her meant I lost the only thing I've ever loved. I will have lost my reason to keep going the next day. But losing my brothers meant I would be alone. I would have no one to help with my wolf problems. And tey were praticlly family. How did that old saying go? Grils come and go but family is forever? Well...this girl was now forever. If only I hadn't been so stupid!

"Aydean?" Criss asked. She looked up at me with her big eyes. "What's wrong?"

How do you like that? She gets angry at me for my persausion skills. I thought harder and harder. Then, something hit me. A realization. Only on of my two options gave me the strength to pull through the next day. Only one of them keeps smiling. Only one was here for me when I needed them most. And if it's not obvious by now, It was her. She was the reason I continued to endure harsh abuse and still be able to smile. Thoughts of her kept me going through all of it. I completley went against the rules of the pack for her. She had praticlly poisoned me. I loved her. So, I had to do it. For her.

How was I supposed to phrase this? Oh hey Criss! I forgot to tell you! I can mutate into a giant canine with massive paws and razor sharp teeth!

"Criss....I," I began. I wrapped her in my arms and gave her one last, longggg kiss. A goodbye kiss. This would be the last time she ever loved me.  I wanted to savor everything. Her touch, her kiss, her smell. Everything. I wanted to dance around her like a tribal warrior, who worships his god before answering the call of battle. She was my everything. And I was about to lose her.

"Criss. What If I told you I were a werewolf?" I asked. I took in a sharp breath, waiting for her to freak out.

She looked surprised. "You got me all worked up for another what if question?"

"It's more than that. Now. Answer me," I said firmly. I jumped to the ground. She had thought it was a joke. I would make sure she knew how wrong she was.

"I'l be crazy jealous," she said. She wasn't going to be serious.

"Well, then prepare to becom envious. I'm....a werewolf," I quivered. I had tried to keep my voice calm, but I felt it crack.

 She just stared at me. "Okay. Then can I be a leprachuan?"

I sighed in frustrastion. She didn't take me seriously. Time for plan B.

"Criss, you have no idea how bad I didn't I want to do this," I said. I pulled off my clothes so they wouldn't be destroyed. I had run out of jeans and t-shirts due to so many transformations and not being able to buy more. This was my last set.

She stared at me wide-eyed as my jeans hit the ground.

"What the f**k are you doing?" she cried, backing up in fear. She quickly turned her head and covered her face.

"Criss. Watch," I said.

"Hell no!"

"Please. It's important that you know the truth," I begged. "It won't make any sense unless you watch the whole transformation."

"You're a psychopath!" she shreiked. "You actually think you're a freakin wolf!"

"I am. Please. Let me show you," I cried.

"NO!" She reached in her pocket. She was getting the knife. 

Perfect.

When she turned around to stab at me, I quickly forced the change to happen. She stopped in mid stab as my bones crunched, shifting to canine. My mouth grew longer, attaching to my nose. It was painful, but relaxing at the same time. My legs twisted into an impossible angel and fur slowly sprouted from my skin. I managed to open one eye halfway to see what Criss was doing. She had been silent the entire time.

When I finally focused in on her, the knife had fell form her hands. She was backed up against the truck, sheer terror painted across her face. Her eyes were wide, her face was pale, and she was shaking so bad I had to stop and make sure she wasn't having a seisure.

Finally, all the pain I flet vanished. The crunch had stopped, fur no longer grew, and my hands had morphed into paws. I was a full wolf. She shivered harder with each step I took closer to her.

Please! Do not fear me! Criss! It's me, it's Aydean! I won't hurt you!

It came across as snarls and growls, only frightening her even more.

Maybe I can try and comfort her.

I nuzzled her cheek with my snout. I jerked away as something wet attacked my nose. It was salty. I looked straight at her. Tears streamed down her cheeks. She hadn't made any noises indicating she was crying.

"P-p-plea-se," she stuttered. Whenever she talked, you could hear the sobs forming in the back of her throat. "Pl-e-ease! D-d-d-on't. Don't ki-kill me! Don't kill me!"

It felt like a slap across. How could she think I would even want to hurt her, let alone kill her? It probablly has something to do with the fact that you just turned into a viscous wolf right in front of her! I scolded meyself.

I would never do that! I whimpered.

She looked deeper into my eyes. I could see the fear and ghostly figures swimming her petrified eyes. Suddenly, if it was even possible, her eyes grew bigger. She clamped her hand over her mouth.Run! RUN! Please, Crysta! Get out of here! Go inside and never look back! Don't worry about me. JUST RUN!!!

"Y-you!" she cried.

What was she talking about?

"It's you!" her voice held shock. "You...you're the one who saved me!"

She was making no sense.

"You saved me! That time, in the woods! From Tristen! It was you Aydean!" she cried.

You still remeber that? You don't let things go, do you?

"You won't hurt me," she said, more to herself than to me.

Of course not! I would never do that!

"You're beautiful," she whispered under her breath. Pride swelled inside. She still thought I was beautiful.

Wait! No, don't think that way! Run away! Please! Don't be happy! Be afraid! I growled. This came out feircer than I had wanted it to.

She flinched and started shaking her head violently. "Please, change back! Change back!"

I hadn't planned to, but the fear in her voice convinced me. I felt the fur shrink back into my body and my elongated limbs slink back to normal. I fell to the ground at the sudden change of alititude. I shook my head-which had collided with a truck tire.

"Aydean! Are you alright?" she cried, rushing to clothes side. I just layed there in the soft grass for a minute. I had never changed back that fats before. It had completley drained me of my energy. I didn't even have enough strength to open my eyes. I felt a piece of cloth drap over my bare body as Criss continued to call my name. Of course, I couldn't respond. This only flipped her out even more.

Finally, able to muster up jusssssst enough strength to do so, I grabbed her hand and choked out the words, "I'm fine."

I allowed myself to drift away for a minute. When I was finally ready to open my eyes and become aware of my surrondings, I noticed that Criss was missing. Where had she gone? Maybe she realized how much she was afraid of me and ran. Good.

"Aydean?" her beautiful voice called. It was coming from above me. I looked up. She stared down at me and smiled. "Good."My head was lying in her lap and she was stroking my hair. "I'm so glad you're alive!"

My head was hurting like crazy. I sat up and looked around. We were sitting underenath the porch as rain beat down hard against the ground.  My clothes were lying in a pile beside me, soaking wet.

"S**t," I muttered, examining my soggy t-shirt.

"It's okay. I stole some of Kodi's clothes. They might be a tad big, but oh friggin well," she said.

"What happened?" I asked unsurely.

"Well, after you passed out for about ten minutes, it started to rain. I drug you under here as fast as could. Your clothes, however, didn't make it. So I ran inside and stole some of Kodi's. You were out for about thirty minutes or so," she said, turning around so I could change. I was still tightly wrapped in the blanket that was origanly resting in the truck bed. The porch was high up due to the house sitting alongside a hill, so there was just barely enough room to stand up.

Once I was fully clothed, I sat down beside her. I decided to let me pleasure and comfort replace my common sense and willpower. I laid my head back into her lap and placed her hands over my heart. She smiled.

"You know we have to talk about this, right?" she said, pressing down on my nose with her index finger.

"Do we have to?" I whinned like a child being forced to go to a family reunion.

"Yes."

"Are you not afraid?" I asked, starting off the conversation.

"I was," she said calmly.

"And now?"

"Fear is something hard to conquer," she responded.

"So you are afraid of me," I said, willing to accept her answer.

"I never said that."

"But you were afriad," I pointed out.

"Yeah, I was scared as hell! I couldn't move, I was so frightened," she said.

"Well, then why are in this little position if you were so afraid?" I asked her. There was no way she could answer this. Why wouldn't she just admit it? She was afraid of me.

She sighed. "I was deathly afraid-" I opened my mouth to speak, but she stopped me."But I love you more than I fear you."

"so, you are alright with me being a wolf?" I brought her fingers up to my lips.

"Are you kidding? It's awesome!" she cried.

Well what do you know? She actually accepted my being a wolf. I couldn't believe it. I guessed she would have been so scared she would have hated me. Then she would have been free. But no. she had to accept me. And still love me. I wasn't sure whether to leap for joy or break down and cry. This completley sidetracked my theory. Since I told her, I won't lose the pack, right? And since she accepted me, I wouldn't lose her! Maybe this would turn out okay. I knew it wouldn't work out. I would still have to choose. But in the mean time...

I looked up at her and placed my hands on the back of her neck. I didn't even have to pull. She was already easing toawrds my lips.

"Criss, I have something else to tell you," I said, biting my lip.

"Yes?" she ddin't seem concerned. I'm sure she guessed whatever it was couldn't possibly be more shocking than this. Yeah, right.

I sta up and faced her. I held her hands tightly in mine. It was time to tell her. She had to know about the Bond.

"Criss. What did you tell me your worse fear was?" I asked.

"Uh-Living forever." She looked lost.

"Exactly. Please, don't hate me when I tell you this!" I cried.

"Aydean? What now?" she asked, sensing something was up.

"I'm not the only on of my kind. There are many other werewolves out there," I began.

she didn't look surprised. Instead, she just beamed and said," Awesome!"

"Yes, well. I'm part of a pack, you see. We all lived in North Dakota. The pack consisted of me and four other guys. Well, we have certain laws in our pack. Over all wolf law is wolves are not allowed to kill humans. We hunt animal, that is it. Breaking this law will result in death by the pack leader. This rule does not portray to our pack alone, but all of our kind. The one rule we have that involves our pack alone, is that we are to never Bond." 

"What is Bonding?" she asked, deeply intrested.

"It is an acient process in which two people who love each other are joined together by the soul forever. It's a simple process. When one wolf admits it's love for another, it's blood will heat up, signaling the first stage. There are three stages to completing it. One admits to loving the other, and the other admits to loving them as well. Then, once stages one and two are done, the two kiss. It is more than just any normal kiss. This exchanges their souls and energy into each other. It hurts, yes, but once it is over, the two can never leave each other." I stopped to take a breath. I waited to see if she had a comment.

She only leaned in closer, her intrest level obviously increasing.

" Once Bound together, they can never fall in love with someone else. They are promised to each other....forever. And I mean it, literally. They both become immortal so they can be together forever," I finsihed explaining.

"And so, this only happens in wolves?" she asked.

"Well, wereowlves are the only ones who can make the process happen. But they can Bond with either of their skins. They can bond with humans, since they are half human, or they can bond with other wolves due to being part canine," I explained.

She looked amazed. "Wow! That's amazing!"

"No Criss, it's not," I said flatly.

"What do you mean?" Her eyes narrowed in confusion.

"A few weeks back, when you first told me you loved me, what happened?" I asked, hoping she would be able to answer this herself.

"You told me you loved me," she said, unsure of the point.

"Yes. Now, what happened to your skin?" I edged on.

She thought for a second. Then, her eyes widened. "It got hot...."

"Yes."

"Aydean....no! You-me-we? You Bonded with me?" she asked franticlly, even though she already knew the answer.

"No. Well, yes. We Bonded. You started the phase by admitting that you loved me, a werewolf. So, when I admitted that I loved you back, all that was left was the kiss. If you break the thrid phase will it is in process, then the exchanging energy could back fire, and kill you. Both of you."

"That means that w-we are going to-" she couldn't finish it. It was too hard on her.

"Live  forever."

 

Criss's POV.......

 

I couldn't believe it. I had just found out that the man I loved was a werewolf, and then he decides to tell me that because I love him, I now have to live forever. My worst nightmare came true.

I had to grab ahold of Aydean's arm to keep myself from collapsing.

"Is there-is there any way to break the-um-Bond?" I aksed hopefully.

He sighed and looked at the ground. "Yes."

"Really?" I asked. Joy swept through me. "How?"

"One of two ways. One: Either the wolf or the one it has Bonded with no longer loves the other," he said, letting out a quick breath of air.

Stop loving Aydean? Yeah, right. Like that was gonna happen! "What else?"

"Well...if one of the two Bound together should pass away, then the Bond would break."

"Excuse me?" I said in disbelief. "The only way to break it is if one of us dies?"

"Or stops loving the other," he corrected.

We sat there in silence. I had to weigh my options in my head. There was no friggin way I was going to live forever. Suicide is the one sin god will never forgive you for, so that wasn't an option. And there was no way in hell I could ever stop loving Aydean. He was so wonderful. I just couldn't do it. There was no way for this to work out.

I curled into a ball and bit back a tear. I could handle in kind of psyhical injury, but emotional pain always got the best of me. Aydean looked at me and wrapped me so tightly in his arms, I couldn't breath. But I didn't say anything. I found comfort in his strong arms.

"Criss. I'm so sorry. I tried so hard to hold back! I tried hard not to do this to you! But I'm weak. So friggin weak!" he cried, stroking my hair. I remained still. "Loving you is just like breathing. It comes natural.  I need to love you to stay alive. And I know you are too nice to stop, and I would never deprive the world of such a wonderful girl. I realize you are hurt...so, I want to end this. For you."

What was he-no. He couldn't mean....

Aydean grabbed my knife and placed it in my hands. I remained limp. He brought the blade-and my hand- towards his heart.  I looked at him fearfully. He gave a small, almost invisible smile.

"No!" I said instinctivley. I pulled the knife away from his heart. "I't wont go in!"

He thought this over. "You're right. This shirt is too thick. Here." He peeled of his shirt. It was like he worked out or something. his muscles weren't like a wrestlers or anything, but he was obviously in great shape. He edged the knife back towards his heart.

"There," he whsipered. "It'll work now."

I sat there, not believing what he wanted me to do. 

"No," I whispered back, fear gripping my voice.

"Yes."

"No!"

"Do it. Be free."

"NO!" I snatched my hand away. I jolted back against the hard cement that held the house up.

"But, it's the only way to break the Bond! It's the only you can be human again," he protested.

I loved him, that goes wihtout question, but I also loved moratlity. If I lived forever, I would have to face so many deaths throughout my life.So much pain and loss. It was a terrible thought. But then, if Aydean killed himself, or died in anyway, I would be hurting so bad. I felt shallow saying it, but the truth  was impossible to deny. I could think it over a million times and my answer would remain the same. I had made my decsion.

"Aydean. I love you more than you will ever know. I'm a terrible person for saying this, but...How to say it? I'll be blunt. I would eventualy be able to get over the death of everyone in my family, but If I lost you...chances are I would die of sorrow and pain."

"Criss, you can't mean that!" he objected.

"But I do. I mean it with all my heart. As long as you are with me, forever will seem too short," I said, trying to be as poetic as possible. 

"Criss, please. We both know you don't want this!" he said, grabbing my hands.

"But I want you," I whispered.  The mood quickly changed from depressed anger to well....I was sure how to describe it.

He looked inot my eyes silently. Then, he crawled forward, pinning me to the ground. I returned his kiss with eqaul passion. We laid there, wrapped in each others arms the rain provided background music.

"I'm willing to spend a hundred forevers with you," I said truthfully.

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life," I said slowly so he could grasp the concept.

We sat there and listened to the rain drop into freshly made puddles. 

"Will I ever get to met the rest of your pack?" I asked, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

He stiffened. "Oh. Yes, about that. They are coming by again Wenseday."

"That's great!" I exclaimed happily.

"No. It's not. They are making me choose between you and them."

"What?" I sat up as quickly as my protesting body would allow it. "Why?"

"Because. As a pack, we swore we would never Bond with anyone.  We didn't need girls, we had the wide open forest. The others don't know I've Bonded with you. Well, one does. But he will keep it secret. Besides I wanted to be the one who told them," he said calmly, staring down at the brown button down shirt of Kodi's he was wearing.

"But...What's the punishment for breaking that rule?" I asked, praying to god those idiots hadn't pushed as far as death.

"Exile from the pack."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry! I understand that you choose the pack. Bro's before hoes, right?" I said quickly. I did understand if he chose his pack over me. They were praticlly his family. And I have to show up and ruin everything!

He laughed right in my face.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

"You," he chuckled.

"What did I do?"

He held back a laugh long enough to explain. "You honestly think I would choose them over you? You obviously don't know me very well."

"But-" I started.

"Look," he said, no longer laughing it was serious time. "They are like brothers to me, yes. But my love for you comes before my promise to the pack. I'ld give up being a werewolf for you if it was possible."

"Aydean...Because of me, your going to lose your firends. I can't help you with your werewolf problems! I can't understand anyhting about the canine issue like them!" I said.

"You're wrong. You understand me, you help get through the next day. And by the sounds of it, you know a whole lot about werewolves," he said lovingly.

"I don't want you to do this," I protested.

"What if I said it was the right thing to do?" he asked, rubing my shoulders.

"I'ld say the right way isn't always the best way."

"And if I said it was what I wanted?"

"I'ld say I'm one selfish son-of-a-b***h, cause I don't want you to do it!"

"Are you saying you no longer love me?" he asked, using a haunting slur.

"No, I just want you to do what you really, truly want," I mumbled.

"I want to be with you. Forever," he whsipered seductivley. A shiver ran down my spine as his hot breath rested in my ear.

I looked up at him and blinked twice. He seemed annoyed by this. He grabbed me by the waist and sat me in his lap, holding me like a baby.

"Whoa whoa whoa!! Put me down!" I said, fearing I was too heavy for him. Once again, my self concious problems got the best of me.

He rocked me back and fourth as if I was only three months old. He was having no trouble at all.

"Stop doing that," he commanded.

"Doing what?" I screeched.

"Stop being so sexy," he growled. A playful smile appered on his face. He touched my nose with his and sat me down in his lap.

"It's not like I'm trying to turn you on. Or am I?" I grinned playfully.

"trying or not, it's working," he whispered.

I gave him a long kiss.

"I have to go," he said, standing.

"D****t." I groaned.

"I know, I know. But I'll be back Wenseday. You'll have the pleasure of witnessing me break the news to the pack. Well, ex-pack," he said, pulling me into a hug. He released me and hurried off into the darkness. 

I looked down at the soggy pile of clothes. That dumbass forgot his own clothes. Oh well, maybe Kodi won't notice his are missing. He never wore that shirt much anyway. 

I bit my lips and walked inside, thinking over everyhting I had recently discovered about my mysterious Aydean. And It may sound crazy, but I couldn't wait for the rest of our lives to start. 

 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
Added on August 4, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori