Bound by Forever(28)

Bound by Forever(28)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Secrets are being revealed. Kriss is here, and the answer to his untimely and mysterious death is out in the open.

"
He protected me. He kept me in his arms and told me all the pain he had endured....and caused. After knowing all the hell he had been through, it hurt my heart to know that his main priority was still my well being. It angered me. Why couldn't I be as great as him? Why couldn't I be wonderful and holy enough to be worthy of him?
Aydean's POV.........................

I looked back and forth from Derek to Kriss and back to Derek. I needed answers, and it was obvious they knew them. My burning desire to know the connection between this Tristen guy and my friends arose an extreme interest. I looked at Kriss. Well, his ghost. I wanted to know why he was here, I hadn't conjured him up like last time. No, my mind had been completely focused on the battle about to erupt between me and Tristen.  I also wished to know why he and Criss had carried out such a causal conversation. It wasn't like her to engage in such an at ease atmosphere. I, if anyone, knew this. It was as if she knew him...then it hit me. During our Bond, half my memory and knowledge had exchanged into her. She knew some things I did. Apparently, though,  the part of her that would have normally slapped him silly had been taken over by my recognition of him. 
    I decided to ignore that issue for now. At the moment, I was interested in learning the truth. I looked at Derek.
 "what's going on?" I asked him. He shook his head and sighed. "Aydean...there's a lot we haven't told you. But I believe that more than anything you deserve to know the truth." His eyes filled with sadness as he glanced over at Kriss. He was standing, now, in front of Criss, his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Perhaps you should tell him."
 Kriss nodded. With a heavy intake of breath, he began to speak the words I had been waiting to hear for so long, yet feared just as equally. "Aydean, on the contrary to certain belief, it..." he hesitated, searching for the right words to phrase the sentence. "My death was no accident..."
       I felt foolish, but I still did not fully understand. I wanted to ask. But by the look on everyone else's face, it was apparent that they all understood. That would only add to the humiliation of seeming slow and dimwitted. So I let my eyes ask the question for me. 
 He sighed, obviously pained to continue further. "Murder, Aydean. I was killed. Assassinated."
   My heart convulsed and skipped several beats. My ears had heard was intended to be truth, but my mind soaked up nothing but a sick, twisted lie. I grinned slightly. "Y-you're joking right? C'mon, Kriss. Haha. Funny." I spoke with mock humor and taunt, expecting, any second, for him to rub his shaggy head and nervously laugh, just like he always did when he was on the verge of getting caught in the act of something. But he didn't. Instead, he stared me directly in the eye. My smile faded in an instant. 
  "Show him," Criss said aloud, looking up at him. He looked down at her, the frown that I knew was present on his forehead covered by his side swept bangs. His eyes, however, showed a hint of pleasure and satisfaction.
 "So you figured it out?" I heard him whisper. She shook her head.
 After that, I couldn't quite understand what words they were exchanging. All I knew was that there was more than one thing I was uncertain about. And apparently many secrets being kept from me. In the end, it seemed that Criss had reined victorious in their little exchange. Kriss looked up at me and began walking closer until I could reach and "touch" him. 
    Without saying a word, he placed his middle and index finger to my forehead, gently  pressing into my flesh. In a sudden, my vision darkened, leaving me to stare at a pitch black canvas of shadow. I didn't know how to react. I wasn't quite sure I was even able to react. Soon, an image began to appear. It was...a mound. In the distance. I focused hard and realized the harder I concentrated the closer I came to the odd figure. Once I was right on it, I wished I hadn't been. 
     At my feet lay Kriss, bloody and torn. Large gashes were opened on his face, one of his eyes swollen shut while the other remained wide open, staring out at nothing in pleading horror. Chunks of flesh were missing from his body, revealing bone and other internal body parts. Three narrow, close together, elongated holes were ripped in the back of his shirt, leaving read claw marks visible just below it. There were similar scratches covering his body. Some of them were deep enough to contribute to the growing pool of blood that surrounded his mangled body. This was the effect of no car or tree. I knew those marks. Teeth marks, claw scratches...all so familiar. 
   I stared in horror, my mind troubled about the fact that one of our own brethren would commit such a vile crime. The thing that troubled me most was....who? Who had done this? Who had gone against all things humane? Who had killed my best friend? My brother? Who had done this!? And why....
     Before another thought could cross my mind, the lurid scene I had been observing disappeared, and was replaced quickly by the sight of several pairs of anxious eyes observing me. I ignored the stares and looked up at Kriss. I shook my head madly.
 "W-w-who did this to you?" I demanded, my voice shaking. Kriss cut his eyes to Derek.
 Derek sighed. He opened his mouth, preparing to explain. However, it was not he who answered.
  "Oh, I dare say that would have to be me!" 
 I searched for the mocking voice that had called out. I turned slowly, my eyes focused on where the sound had come from. My eyes widened and my palms grew sweaty. I looked him dead in the eyes. I was now facing the b*****d who had killed Kriss. I growled in fury. Tristen only smiled in reply.


© 2010 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori