The Thing Is

The Thing Is

A Poem by Ghost Writer

The thing about life is,
you have to make mistakes.
You don't really make your own decisions,
Your mind and consciousness aren't sophisticated enough to process decisions.
We are all predetermined to make good and bad and life changing decisions.
When you think on something, all you are doing is picking the best bad decision.
You are entitled to be happy, but you don't deserve to be sad.
You don't deserve to be hurt, you don't deserve to be forgotten.
Until the end of time your thoughts and mistakes and decisions will all be circulated and people will talk about your greatness (you aren't supposed to speak ill of the dead), but I don't think anyone actually dies.
I theorize that your soul merely abandons your body in search of a soul that can make you feel alive again, the souls then choose two beings stretched over any distance and embark on the hunt of finding the other soul again.
The souls tease each other, by sending choices and wrong souls disguised as the one they've been searching for.
But then the souls eventually find each other, by then the bodies they've worn are put back into the earth and the souls are once again free to play their game over again.
They never get tired of each other, because they know that even though they fight and play dirty tricks on each other, they wouldn't pick another soul to waste their infinite time with.
Be careful, because sometimes when your soul says they've won the game before the timer goes out, they've merely found a friend to cherish and keep company while they search for the soul they parted with not long ago.

© 2017 Ghost Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 13, 2017
Last Updated on June 13, 2017

Author

Ghost Writer
Ghost Writer

FL



About
I write a lot of dark and romantic poetry. Poetry is my strong spot.I hope you enjoy. more..

Writing
Hello Hello

A Poem by Ghost Writer