The Girl that Got Away

The Girl that Got Away

A Story by ...
"

A little boy falls for a girl at the park.

"
    It was a nice day and Billy was outside playing on the jungle gym. He was a handsome young boy with a mess of brown hair and a set of eyes that were big and blue like sapphires. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and a pair of beige shorts, and his feet were bare.

    He moved along the monkey bars with determination, oblivious to the other children playing, and also to the little girl who had been watching him for the past few minutes.

    She was perched peacefully on one of the rails of the jungle gym, watching the boy move vigourously back and forth on the monkey bars. Her eyes were bright green and her short, dark blonde hair was partly covered by a black hat that resembled a cats face, ears included. She was wearing a baggy beige t-shirt and a pair of pink shorts, but the shirt was so long it appeared as if she wasn't wearing pants at all.

    "What are you doing?" She asked curiously, her eyes low with boredom.

    "What does it look like?" Billy said between breaths. His gaze didn't shift for a moment. The girl rolled her eyes.
   
    "But why?" She said, her bored expression also unchanging.

    "Because it will make me stronger."

    "Why do you need to be stronger?" The boy stopped for a moment, then let go. He walked over to his lunch pale with his lunch that his mother had packed him. He pulled out a juice container and began sipping from it.

    "You wouldn't get it because you're a girl." She giggled at him.
   
    "Is that it? Or is it because you don't have a reason?" She hopped from her seat and leaned against another railing so she was looking down at him. Billy was already getting annoyed, and she could tell.
   
    "Why are you bothering me?" He asked.

    "I don't know... I never see you talk to the other kids, so I was just curious."

    "Well stop bugging me or I'm going to get my parents."

    "Fiiine..." She rolled her eyes again and climbed down to the same level as him. "I won't bug you anymore, but can we still talk?"

    "About what?"

    "Well... Why do you always play alone?"

    "Because I like it better that way..."

    "Well that's wierd..." she walked over to him, eyeing him up and down. "you don't seem like a freak or anything though." She stuck out her hand to him, "I'm Allie."

    "I'm..." the boy hesitated for a moment. "I'm Billy." He shook her hand.

    "Do you want to play together?"

    "Alright, for a little bit..."

    Billy and Allie played for the rest of the day, and by the time the sun had set they had become really good friends. It was hard for them to go home, but they promised each other that they would play again the next day, and they did.

    "I notice you don't play with any of the other kids either." Billy said one day while they were sitting on a bench eating ice cream.

    "Yeah..." Allie said, her expression becoming noticeably more sad.
   
    "Why is that?"

    "I just like being alone..."

    "I don't think that's why..."

    "Why not?"

    "Because that's my reason, and you're too talkative to be a loner." Allie sighed and looked up at the sky, then back at Billy.

    "It's getting late. Can you walk me to my house? It's just over there." She said as she pointed across the field at a run-down looking house with a backyard filled with weeds.

    "Okay, sure." Billy stood up and so did Allie. Billy was surprised when Allie grabbed his hand, but it was so warm and it felt nice, so he didn't want to complain.

    She walked unusually close to him as they made there way to his house, and she occasionally rested her head on his shoulder. Billy blushed a bit when she did that, but she looked so peaceful he didn't want to stop her.

    They got to the back gate and Allie stopped him.

    "this is it..." she said.

    "Yeah, I guess i'll see you tomo-" he was interupted when she grabbed him and kissed him. His face heated up and he felt a little light headed, but before he knew it she had broken the kiss and was looking up at him with her big green eyes. Billy had never seen anything more beautiful as he looked down into her eyes. He had never seen her smile like that before.

    "Uhm..." He didn't know what to say.

    "ALLIE?! THAT YOU?! GET YOUR A*S IN HERE GIRL!" An older voice came shouting from the house.

    "Uh-oh..." Allie said. She seemed scared, and something in Billy wanted to take her away right then, but he didn't really know what was going on. He saw the door start to open and Allie started to push him away. "Go! Go! You have to get out of here!"

    "What? Why?"

    "Just go!"
   
    "Wait!"

    "what?! hurry!"

    "Will you be at the park tomorrow?"

    "Yes, I will be, now go!"

    Billy was confused. She didn't go to the park next day like she said. It wasn't until next week that she came back with a big black mark on her face.

    "What happened?!" Billy ran up to her and grabbed her shoulders. She wouldn't look at him.

    "Nothing... I'm fine." She said.

    "Don't lie. Someone hurt you. Who was it?"

`    "Nobody, alright!?" She turned away and tried to wipe away her tears.

    "Sorry..." Billy was confused again, but he didn't want to pry. He sat down on a bench and very quickly she was sitting beside him resting her head on his shoulder.

    "Can I just stay like this forever?" She asked him, her eyes starting to lower.

    "I guess... If you want to..."

    "Really? You wouldn't mind?"

    "No, not at all. I actually kind of like it." He smiled at her, and she smiled back.

    "That's...good then..." She yawned and in a few minutes she was a sleep. Billy didn't move until she woke up a few hours later.

    "You're awake. It's about time." Billy said with a smile, but Allie didn't seem amused.
   
    "What's wrong Allie?"

    "Billy... There's something I have to tell you."

    "What is it?"

    "I might have to go away for a while..."

    "What? Why?"

    "I just can't stay with my dad anymore... I can't say why."

    "He hurts you, doesn't he."

    "Yeah, he does... I'm afraid he's going to hurt me pretty bad soon. I have to leave."

    "Allie..." Billy hugged her tightly. It was the first time Billy had ever initiated any kind of affection, and tears started to well up in Allie's eyes. "You don't have to leave... You can't leave, I'd miss you too much. If you have to leave, then you can come live at my house. I just have to ask my mom, but I'm sure if I tell her what's wrong she'll understand." Allie's face lit up.

    "Really?! I can stay with you?!"

    "Yeah, sure!" Allie got up and jumped for joy.

    "Okay, but I have to go home and get my things. I'll meet you here again tomorrow."

    "Okay, see you then!"

    But Allie didn't show up, and Billy was concerned. He wouldn't wait for to get hurt this time, though. He marched over to her house, but when he got there there were cop cars and people in suits everywhere. He started to panic.

    "Allie! Allie! Are you in there?!" He ran past the people in suits right to the door, but he was grabbed by a lady in a red suit.

    "Who are you, kid? Do you know Allie? Where is she? Where is her dad?" The lady asked. Billy was scared and confused, and he started to ball right on the spot. "Calm down kid. What's wrong?"

    "Where is Allie? Is she okay?" he asked between sniffles.

    "We don't know, but if you find her come tell us, okay?" Billy nodded and started to walk back to the park. He sobbed off and on the whole way there until he got to the bench. When he got there he was surprised to see a letter addressed to him, so he opened it and began reading the sloppy printing on the paper.

    Meet me at the library, religion section, row 4.

    Billy started to feel happier and he sprinted as fast as he could to the library. When he got there he searched for the right row, and sure enough she was there, her face covered by a philosophy book. She looked up at him and her face lit up.

    "you came! I'm so happy!" She ran and hugged him.

    "Allie, what's going on? Why are there people at your house?"

    "Oh, it's terrible... Last night daddy was really upset, and I was scared so I called the police. They came and daddy ran, then they told me that they were going to take me away... I was scared so I ran and I left that letter for you. I'm scared Billy! I don't want them to take me away!"

    "Don't worry, I won't let them take you." Billy said as he held her closer. Her tears were starting to form a wet patch on his shirt. "Let's get out of here. We can go to my house."

    "Okay..." She started to follow him out of the library, but when they got to the door some police and the lady in the red suit burst through the door.

    "There she is, take her." The lady said as two officer went to grab her. Billy grabbed on to her hands and pulled her back. The officer grabbed her around her waist and lifted her up, but Billy didn't let go.

    "Help me Billy! Don't let them take me!" She started to scream and cry as the officer pulled her away, dragging Billy with her.

    "Someone grab that boy please..." the lady said, appearing slightly annoyed. Another officer moved in and grabbed Billy and pulled him away. Billy kicked and struggled to get away, but it was no use.

    "Allie! Don't worry, I'll come find you! I promise!" Billy shouted. It seemed to calm Allie down a bit before she was taken out of the building. The officer let Billy go and he sprinted out of the building in time to see the cop cars driving off. Allie was in the back seat of one, her face pressed against the window looking at Billy as she was taken away. Billy watched them drive of with a look of fierce determination. He would find her one day. He was certain.

© 2010 ...


Author's Note

...
how were the descriptions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really sweet and pretty. I love this story and I almost want a sort of squeal for them to meet up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well written.. keep up the good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was really nice. You kept it simple, yet it managed to convey that bit of sentimentality. Okay, now the kids don't exactly seem like kids, but I suppose you already know that and Billy needs to have more of a character. In the sense, you need to give the readers a better idea about who he is as a character.
I can imagine these kids growing up and finding each other again. Or a similar progressing story line. All in all great work =]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 10, 2010
Tags: love, kids, romance, girls, billy, park, domestic violence
Previous Versions

Author

...
...

Azerbaijan



About
I'm a sick individual with a morbid fascination. A legitmate sufferer of chronic procrastination. Always depressed, completely lacking elation. And another thing I suffer from is chronic masturbati.. more..

Writing
Tragic Fates Tragic Fates

A Poem by ...


Death Death

A Poem by ...


Non-violence Non-violence

A Poem by ...