Child Ghosts

Child Ghosts

A Poem by Xuvios

through the tunnels of my mind the memory is still there...

countless times i sat in that waiting room, countless times i saw their faces.. countless times i felt their pain - and could do nothing but languish in my selfishness

i'm not sure anyone knows, at least no one i have ever come across could ever understand what its like to see someone dying from what you have survived..

the foul wasting, innocense mirred with joyless existince... and what have i done in the meanwhile - nothing

i have betrayed them all... i've never told their stories.. i've never used my gifts for them... often i've thought of going and offering what platitudes i could, but always its stayed my hand knowing how much a slap in the face it would surely be..

yet still those faces... dying slowly from the 'cure', the 'treatment'... and my selfish pain of thinking 'why me, why not them...'

thousands and often times their ghosts plague my nights, asking me to speak for them.. and my hand remains unmoved... until now.. and what a limited place to call attention to our shared disease - my life, their death

have you ever watched a child dying of cancer?

© 2008 Xuvios


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very powerful and gives such an insight to hat most people cannot even begin to imagine. It makes one think about what they pass by.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 18, 2008

Author

Xuvios
Xuvios

Oklahoma City, OK



About
i am me... there can be no other... i am strange, intelligent, and bewildering... read me... indulge!! more..

Writing
Spillage Spillage

A Poem by Xuvios