Beginnings

Beginnings

A Story by XxBryarxWolfxX
"

Not too sure what this sprung from, but I think it's just a short scene that played out in my mind.

"

      The town was beautiful this time of year. All the little shops had happily set out their signs on the cobblestone, inviting customers to wander in and buy. Small cottages were settled closely to the stores, for most of the owners lived next door. Fresh flowers were in every window box and pot around, adding dashes of color here and there. The wonderful smell of fresh, hot bread and iced cakes drifted from the bakery, while roasting meat could be easily followed to the grocers. The butcher…well he didn’t have that great of a smell to begin with. The residents were out and about, but, of course. Who could ignore this gorgeous weather? There wasn’t a cloud in the clear blue sky, spring had clearly settled itself in comfortably. I smiled and waved at all who passed, everyone knew everyone here. Generation after generation had lived here, everyone had to be related in one way or another. I myself was the mayor’s wife’s brother’s sister-in-law.

                Our little village wasn’t too populated, with a beautiful forest flourishing beyond the many picket fences and yards. My feet lead me through the familiar path deep into the springtime woods. Never were the trees this green, a pleasant treat after the dead, brown-white winter. Lush moss thrived in the sparse sunlight by the base of trees, graciously accompanied by colonies of ivy. Birds sang their appreciation for the sudden warmth and food high in the branches of the ancient trees. Deer, opossums, raccoons, and squirrels all drank in the bubbling stream, recently released by the fierce grasp of ice. The grass underfoot was thick and new, growing freely here, away from the dangers of predatory lawnmowers. The trees blocked most of the sunlight, making this the perfect picture of beauty, with pockets of light speckled through out the city of trees.

               Finally, I found my favorite place in the whole woods, completely secluded, completely unbeknownst to others. Completely mine. Eight trees grew in a beautifully constructed circle, their branches reaching towards the sun, eager to get their daily fill of food. Not a single ray of light penetrated the clearing, despite the cool, cloudless day. Walking towards the center of the circle, I laid down and curled into a tight little ball. It was then that I broke down and started to cry.

© 2011 XxBryarxWolfxX


Author's Note

XxBryarxWolfxX
Opinions? Anything is appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would say that this describes an individual who see's beyond the curve of what has been settled upon as normal, yet finds that the doorway to what might lay beyond is unable to reach. Thus is flooded with the knowledge there is more, no one believes that there could be more, but they keep focusing on the outside unknown as it surely must be better than what's going on inside the bubble.

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would say that this describes an individual who see's beyond the curve of what has been settled upon as normal, yet finds that the doorway to what might lay beyond is unable to reach. Thus is flooded with the knowledge there is more, no one believes that there could be more, but they keep focusing on the outside unknown as it surely must be better than what's going on inside the bubble.

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 9, 2011
Last Updated on November 9, 2011

Author

XxBryarxWolfxX
XxBryarxWolfxX

Seattle, WA



About
There's not much to say here, I'm afraid. I'm just your typical teenager. Angsty, depressed, cynical, bitter, sarcastic, fun, discouraged, curious, fun-loving, confused, opinionated, mislead, and i.. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by XxBryarxWolfxX