Vanishing Act

Vanishing Act

A Chapter by Elizabeth Kerns

Back to that first week, we began to notice more and more people vanish that we would usually see everyday. What sealed the deal for all of us though was when we were walking home from dinner late one night. We were laughing and joking around when Madi was attacked and taken. It was very strange, see, one second she was with us and then the next we heard her scream but she was no where to be seen. Ollie said he thought he saw something take her into the building ahead. Stark promised us he would get her back no matter what, but he also warned me that if he came back, he might not be the same. I didn't understand what he meant at the time, I just thought he was making a joke or something. Now I understand though. . . The last thing he did before he left took us all by surprise, he pulled out a silver dagger. The handle was engraved with some sort of symbol, I knew I had to ask him what it meant later. Then he ran off to rescue Madi from whatever it was that had taken her. 

After that we went back to the house and hoped they would both come back safe. We were all sitting at the kitchen table when we heard a pounding on the front door. Brandon and I were there almost instantly. There they were, Madi and Stark. She was as pale as a ghost, but very much alive which is all that mattered at the moment. She was still unconscious when I began inspecting her wounds, I was shocked, almost every one was a bite mark. I probably would have collapsed if it hadn't been for Stark holding me up. He explained that it had been vampires who had taken her, they singled her out. He said that for some reason they have taken a particular interest in our group and they won't stop. I had to tell them all. . . We're in danger. 
At first they couldn't believe it, but after some convincing they all did. Of course they all had many questions, Stark explained everything. Silver daggers can kill them, not wooden stakes, garlic is a myth, just being bitten doesn't turn you, obviously. To be turned you have to be bitten and drained of blood to the point of death on a new moon, in complete darkness. Then the question that was on all of our minds. . . How does he know all of this ? I was the only one brave enough to ask.
"Hey, Stark ?"

"Yeah ?"

"Uhm. . . Well, I was wondering. . . How do you know all of this ?"

"That's a long story, but here goes nothing."


© 2012 Elizabeth Kerns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
Added on June 13, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012
Tags: Vampire, Attack, Vanish, Reveal, Love, Thirst, Bite, bitten, danger


Author

Elizabeth Kerns
Elizabeth Kerns

Terre Haute, IN



About
I love reading and writing. I'm almost always reading a new book. I love romance but there has to be some kind of suspense. Anyways, I haven't written anything on here in a while but I'm planning on .. more..

Writing