Naked Souls

Naked Souls

A Poem by Adora.xo

See, there were those moments… those moments when everything was suspended. In those moments, all there was, was your hand running over my skin, and your breath on my neck and your lips… well we know what your lips were doing�"your words left me breathless. I forgot the inhibitions that I wore like a safety blanket, and my fears melted. My lips were damp, but my mouth was dry, my heart was echoing in my ears like a warning, I felt like putty, and you… you crushed me between your arms and molded me to your body. My name sounded like salvation on your lips, your name became a synonym for mercy, and we came back time and time again.


See, in those moments… those timeless, pendulous moments… you took from me something that I had carefully hidden long ago. You took it so quietly, so unexpectedly, so gently…


And here I was, desperately searching for it…

Little did I know I’d never get it back.

Those inhibitions, those fears that you peeled away… the secrets that we shared…

You took those with you…

Those words I spoke and you read, are ours now…


Because in those moments we bared our souls and no one…

no one can forget a naked soul.

© 2013 Adora.xo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful, soft and yet so raw. Genuine feelings and thought you laid bare here like stream of conscious soul and I loved the nakedness that you presented even to your audience in this very passionate moment. Great write

LW

Posted 9 Years Ago


You've captured the essence of intimacy very well while cleverly avoiding the actualy play of action itself... Very deep yet very simple all at the same time.

I like it ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Adora.xo

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
I liked it, a lot. I have no idea why, can't explain it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Adora.xo

10 Years Ago

Thank you kindly :3
I agree with the amazing poem. When two people open secret doors to thoughts and emotion. Hard to repeat again in a life. The strong description allowed the reader to understand the place and the situation in the poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Adora.xo

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading it! I appreciate it a lot
Those inhibitions, those fears that you peeled away… the secrets that we shared…

Right here is a real ideal of wording, so much can be seen in this wording, context, subconext, emotion, feeling, sight and sound.



Choice, very choice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Adora.xo

10 Years Ago

Thank you kindly!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

710 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 22, 2013
Last Updated on August 22, 2013

Author

Adora.xo
Adora.xo

The One That's Non-Existant As Far As You're Concerned., British Columbia, Canada



About
So that you will hear me So that you will hear me my words sometimes grow thin as the tracks of the gulls on the beaches. Necklace, drunken bell for your hands smooth as grapes. And I wat.. more..

Writing
Saturday Saturday

A Poem by Adora.xo


Butterflies Butterflies

A Poem by Adora.xo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..